Full Stack Engineer
At Stockwell, we are using machine learning and computer vision to build the retail platform of the future. In our world, brick and mortar stores look much different - we place stores right where our customers live, work and play so we can curate the products in our stores with the help of our customers. This is all possible because we design, build and operate automated stores that put the customer first with a seamless, frictionless checkout experience.
We’re looking for a full-stack engineer to round out our skillsets and help lead our growing engineering team. Our ideal candidate is someone with meaningful SWE experience who wants to expand their responsibilities and own projects across our tech stack, and who can design and build end-to-end solutions from scratch.
You'll make an impact on 1 or more of these areas:
- React Native App: Today our customers use our app to gain access to our stores, to view receipts, and to change payment information. This just scratches the surface of what our app experience needs to be. Own and help define the product and development roadmap for managing a slew of new features.
- Internal Logistics Tools: Our goal is to democratize physical distribution, so that mom and pop store owners, boutique brands, and large retailers can reach customers in ways they’ve never been able to before. Own and help define the product and development roadmap to manage and optimize our complex supply chain.
- Retail Experimentation: To bring the relevant slice of retail to customers, we need to know what products they want. Help build and define a retail experimentation framework that brings the efficacy and data-orientation of e-commerce to the real world, while tying into the financial realities of running a physical retail business.
- 3+ years of full-stack software development experience. Experience with React/Redux or similar JS frameworks.
- 2+ years of database experience with mySQL, sql-lite or Postgres
- A knack for architecture: You strive to design and implement elegant and scalable software systems.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science (or a related field)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, as you will need to interface with functional leads in our operations, retail, and sales organizations.
- Incredibly fast learner, hungry for growth and/or ready to lead.
- Experience with Django and the Django REST Framework.
- Experience with GraphQL.
- Experience with the Google Cloud Platform.
- An interest in Advertising/Retail/CPG.
- An interest in AI and Machine Learning.