General & Admin
At Stockwell, we are using design and technology to build the world’s largest retailer. In our world, brick and mortar stores look much different - we place stores right where our customers live, work and play and curate the products in our stores with the help of our customers. This is all possible because we design, build and operate automated stores that put the customer first with a seamless, frictionless checkout experience.
Stockwell is seeking an experienced Financial Controller who will lead accounting, financial reporting and tax activities and implement controls, processes, and systems to enable us to meet operational, reporting and audit requirements as we rapidly scale. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced, high growth environment and be able to build and train the accounting team from the ground up. The role will report to the Head of Finance and will be critical to Stockwell’s future success.
- Make sure that the monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements are done on a timely basis and in accordance with GAAP.
- Initial responsibility for day-to-day accounting operations, including but not limited to AP, AR, cash management.
- Review monthly journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Oversee annual financial auditOversee payroll and related activities.
- Research and provide guidance on application of technical accounting issues.
- Work closely with FP&A and functional business unit leaders to provide actionable insight and analysis that is accurate, timely, and salient.
- Provide quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting to ensure compliance with GAAP, tax, and necessary regulatory reporting requirements.
- Partner with FP&A and business unit leaders to develop predictable and credible financial reportingImplement the systems and protocols to maintain good cost controls, healthy budgeting and oversee disciplined AR/AP management.
- Create a framework to measure and monitor performance against operational metricsSupport financing activities.
- 5+ years of experience in accounting, financial and analytical roles, CPA preferred.
- BA/BS Degree in Accounting or FinanceExperience working in a technology startup, retailer, manufacturer, or similar company.
- Experience in effective financial systems design, integrations, and implementation.
- Strong communication skills; experience in effectively presenting key data to senior management.
- Extremely organized and detail oriented with strong problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Strong sense of ownership and urgency, organizational and time management skills, ability to multitask and prioritize work.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skillsAbility to work well under tight deadlines and respond to changing demands and fulfill efficient follow-ups.