Business Operations Analyst
General & Admin
We're looking for an independent, motivated self-starter that is looking for an opportunity to make a huge impact on the way we run our business. As our first business operations analyst you will serve as the connective tissue of a cross-functional leadership team to enable it to function effectively: establish regular forum for discussion of highest priority topics and for decision making, ensure consistency across initiatives, track performance (develop operational dashboards for specific initiatives and overall KPIs), drive cross-functional clarity on under- and over-performance (in-depth analyses).
- Partner with team leads on operational efficiencies.
- Identify and mitigate obstacles to growth (markets, products, teams, operations, etc.)
- Work with leadership team to identify and develop long-lasting capabilities that will make each functional integration faster and more effective, e.g., identifying new tools / technologies, new processes, etc.
- Surface and communicate key decisions, risks, and critical path items to leadership team.
- Measure and analyze business performance across functional areas (sales funnel metrics, lead generation, support, customer satisfaction, etc.)
- Help scope and build project roadmaps for new market launches; project roadmaps encompass 9-12 month horizons, beginning with market assessment and selection and concluding with market activation and launch.
- Provide regular insight into industry trends.
- Lead strategic projects to inform longer-term growth planning and operationalize select strategic initiatives.
- Track, report and ensure progress against operational and financial milestones.
- Bachelor’s degree; MBA preferred.
- Management consulting experience preferred.
- Startup experience preferred.
- Experience working with sales operations function with similar needs and job function.
- Experience researching and manipulating complex and large data sets.
- Strong working knowledge and skills in spreadsheet and presentation software.
- Have a proven track record of excellence managing cross-functional teams of five or more people and ability to influence colleagues across contexts and roles, from executive staff to front-line employees
- Have a proven track record of meeting budgetary and operational efficiency targets
- Have extremely strong project management skills with proven ability to synthesize results and progress for senior executives while also diving into the weeds when necessary
- Analytical thinker and structured problem solver.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Comfort working in ambiguity with a bent towards fast execution and iteration.
- Project management mindset on task execution.
- Possess very strong problem-solving skills and the ability to understand how strategic levers (commercial and/or operational) impact an investment thesis, translate into an operating plan, drive execution, and ultimately create financial value.
- Have a high-level of comfort with ambiguous and fluid situations
- Are able to work successfully in a fast-paced (deal) environment
- Advanced ability to run analytics and develop executive-level presentations (using Excel, Powerpoint, etc.).
- Self-motivated and able to work independently