At Stockwell, we are using design and technology to rethink brick and mortar retail - we place stores right where our customers live, work and play and curate the products in our stores with the help of our customers. This is all possible because we design, build and operate automated stores that put the customer first with a seamless, frictionless checkout experience.
We’re looking for an assistant buyer to join our retail team and contribute to the development of the Stockwell product offering and retail business. Our ideal candidate is someone with merchandising experience who enjoys the challenge of supporting multiple categories and contributing to driving sales and margin in a fast-paced environment.
Stockwell is different in that we’re a consumer-facing retail tech company with machine learning baked into our DNA. As a result, in your day-to-day you will be using and contributing to the design of merchandising tools and processes powered by machine learning and artificial intelligence. Your job is to bring “art” and “science” together – using your retail expertise and intuition fueled by data, analytics and a passion for the Stockwell user.
This is a contract role with potential for conversion to full-time.
If you want to be a part of the future of retail, come join us!
- Assist with weekly sales recaps and seasonal hindsight analysis
- Support assortment planning through market research and trend analysis
- Own sample management process
- Lead new item setup and item data maintenance for the buying team
- Assist with vendor communication
- At least 2 years with assistant buying or related experience and a BA/BS degree
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint
- Strong math and critical thinking skills
- Ability to work with others in a team environment
- Ability to accomplish multiple tasks accurately and on schedule with minimal supervision
- Customer and product centric