At Stockwell, we are reimagining brick and mortar retail from the ground up by shrinking the store and bring it to where people already are -- where they live, work, and play. Our stores curate the relevant slice of a store for the unique locations they’re placed within, and because we use computer vision to recognize what items customers choose, we can sell anything out of our stores.
At Stockwell, we believe that good design is core to how we engage with our customers and partners. We are searching for a mid to senior-level product designer to join our small but growing design team. The ideal candidate can design product experiences for both consumers and enterprise customers. This role will report into the head of design and initially support our enterprise efforts. You have a sketchbook full of fresh ideas and find inspiration in unlikely places. You also think holistically and are equally excited by design systems, strategic design, and solving complex communication and interaction problems in ways that are sharp, engaging, and fun for anyone to understand.
- Degree in Design (e.g., graphic design, visual communications, industrial design or UX design) or equivalent practical experience.
- 3-5 years of experience designing and launching products, including mobile/web applications and hardware for either consumers or enterprise. Retail design experience is a plus.
- Expert with design tools (e.g. Sketch, XD, Illustrator, Photoshop) to produce wireframes and high fidelity mockups. The ability to communicate design intent through video, code, or prototypes is key.
- A strong portfolio of desktop and mobile apps.
- Experience partnering with UX Research to apply research findings and improve UX.
- Demonstrated knowledge of mobile and desktop UX patterns. Animation or motion graphics experience a plus.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to articulate design decisions.
- Ability to work methodically and meet deadlines.
- Study product requirement documents and UX research presentations to determine requirements.
- Collaborate with marketing, retail, and engineering to produce experiences for partners and customers.
- Collaborate with graphic and industrial designers to ensure consistent branding across media and experiences.
- Conceptualize UX flows and screen designs based on requirements.
- Contribute to UX vision and strategy, generating buy-in and evangelizing design and UX across the company.