Business Development Lead
Sales – Business Development /
Full-time Remote /
Stoneridge Software began with an idea: How can Microsoft implementations be done better? After considering the idea and continually seeing the need for a business partner who could successfully deliver software implementations, Eric Newell, Becky Newell and Cody Marshall founded Stoneridge Software. As a 2023 Inc. Best Workplaces Honoree, member of the Microsoft Inner Circle, and award winning Microsoft Solutions Partner for Business Applications and Modern Work, we’ve developed a proven process for project delivery, a laser focus on long-term support to empower our clients’ success and a way to enjoy our work with a high degree of integrity. We know how to use tenacity to get the work done but we also know how important it is to balance work with the rest of our lives. Stoneridge Software has cultivated a flexible working environment, flexible vacation time, paid parental leave, continuous learning and development, and social wellness initiatives that bring a sense of belonging to all.
Our team is dedicated to helping customers get it right when it comes to software implementation and technology. We play as hard as we work, we embrace every opportunity to learn and share our success. What are you waiting for? Join us!
Stoneridge Software is looking for a driven, self-motivated Business Development Lead to join our growing team! As Business Development Lead, you will be responsible for developing prospect lists, following up with prospects, and building relationships with potential clients and internal stakeholders. You will be asked to utilize our customer relationship management and company prospecting tools. Additionally, we are seeking someone that can lead these efforts as an individual contributor, while defining processes and leading a small team.
A Day in the Life
- Utilize company prospecting tools to identify prospects who show intent to purchase our solutions
- Identify new opportunities through our internal leads database
- Intake new leads from multiple sources and categorize them based on defined criteria
- Develop high proficiency in managing prospects in customer relationship management tool
- Develop relationships with prospects that drive new business opportunities
- Independently follow-up on cold and warm leads to further the sales process
- Communicate product and industry expertise with prospects
- Meet with prospects to identify and qualify their needs including understanding decision makers, delivery timeframe, budget status, challenge and pain points, and competition status
- Develop meaningful relationships with customers to encourage trust and loyalty
- Collaborate with Sales Leadership to determine lead assignment
- Provide detailed account and opportunity information to the sales team during hand-off
- Improve sales skills to increase success rates
- Provide mentorship to other Business Development team members
- Monitor scorecards to determine progress towards goals
- Drive lead qualification metrics that grow our collective business
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field
- Microsoft Dynamic ERP and CRM Experience
- Experience in inside sales or similar role
- Thorough understanding of marketing fundamentals and negotiating techniques
- Passion for driving new business and fast learner
- Strong oral/written communication skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Robust interpersonal skills, positive attitude, and pro-active approach
- Results-driven approach with self-motivation
- Perform in a high paced and creative environment
- Ability to communicate effectively in both spoken and written English
Work Location: This position is available on a REMOTE basis in the United States or REMOTE in Canada (Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Newfoundland, Nova Scotia, Ontario, Prince Edward Island, Saskatchewan).
Travel Required: Incumbent is expected to regularly meet with client teams across the United States and Canada will be asked to attend industry events from time to time.
Health and Wellness
- Medical Insurance (premiums for employees paid for by the company)
- Dental Insurance
- Vision insurance
- 401(k) contribution program (US) or RRSP Benefits (Canada)
- Life insurance
- Disability Benefits
- Paid parental leave
- Paid flexible time off
- Paid sick time (US) or floater days (Canada)
- Paid holidays
- Flexible work schedules
- Mobile/internet reimbursement
- Employee and family assistance program
- Learning and development allowance
- Employer charitable contribution
- Social wellness clubs
- Professional coaching
- Paid business mileage
- Home office and wellness allowance (US Only)
- HSA contribution (US Only)
- Our philosophy is to provide compensation that is Competitive, Equitable, and Driven by Performance. Various factors impact our pay ranges including market conditions and national salary data. To determine competitive salaries within this range we consider candidates skills, qualifications, and experience. These are national ranges, inclusive of bonus opportunities and could represent multiple role levels.
US (USD): $86,000 - $127,000
We live and breathe our core values:
Integrity | Technical Excellence | Tenacity | Client Centric | Enjoy Our Work
They are the fabric of our company and a reflection of our organizational culture. Our values are a part of our talent acquisition process, how we operate our company and how we partner with our clients. We enjoy our work by exhibiting our technical excellence and tenacity while being inherently client-centric with integrity toward every customer engagement.
Stoneridge Software is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us unique. Growing the best team is at the center of our strategic plan. To be successful in this, we strive to create an inclusive environment and build a sense of belonging by celebrating our differences and ensuring fair and equitable treatment for all our team members.
We will comply with local guidelines regarding infectious diseases and vaccine requirements. Team members who are required to travel to client sites, conferences and events that are not in Stoneridge Software offices, must comply with the client's COVID-19 policies and procedures or have an approved exemption.