Competitive Salary + Equity
HQ: San Francisco
Storr is a peer-to-peer marketplace that enables anyone to open a store from their phone. On Storr, people make money selling new, brand name products instead of retailers like Amazon. Backed by the former CEO of Neiman Marcus, the former CEO of Macy’s.com, baseball superstar Alex Rodriguez, Andrew Rosen, Elyse Walker, Jenny Fleiss, Rebecca Minkoff, Chanel-linked Mousse Partners, Spark Capital (Twitter, Glossier, Slack, Warby Parker), Craft Ventures (Space-X, Bird, Reddit), Abstract Ventures, SV Angel (Facebook, Airbnb, Pinterest) and former execs from Apple and Google, Storr signals the decentralization of a $3 trillion global retail market. Storr is currently working with 200+brands, including Chanel, Ray-Ban, Adidas, and Spiritual Gangster.
We believe in empowering people, in trust and authenticity, and in simple and intuitive products.
About the role:
Storr is seeking a Product Manager to evaluate, align, grow and diversify our product. This person will oversee the development and management of a best-in-class social retail marketplace, focused on the integration of brands, buyers and sellers. This is the first product management position, reporting to the CEO.
The Product Manager will also work closely with key interdepartmental leads, including the Chief Business Officer, UX Designer, Head of Growth Marketing, Chief Technology Officer, and key retail investors (listed above).
Key responsibilities will include:
- Drive strategy and execution for Storr’s product roadmap; including coordinating research, design, implementation, launch and measurement phases
- Operationalize the team around key business objectives such as retention, acquisition, and number of transactions
- Work with the Head of Growth to incorporate key learnings about our target users into the product roadmap
- Partner with the business development team to align the brand pipeline with the product development roadmap
- Conduct user research to continue to define and redefine Storr’s market leading product
- Support engineering by identifying and solving blockers and running the scrum development cycle
- Challenge all members of cross-functional team (engineering, design, etc.) to think boldly and creatively and then to funnel that energy into concrete products and execution plans.
The ideal candidate is:
- 5+ years product management leadership experience
- Strong understanding of tech-powered consumer marketplaces; experience delivering customer and business features across application and platform systems
- Ability to manage the entire product life cycle from ideation, to planning and execution
- Exposure to b2b and b2c environments with the ability to create a strong network between the two
- Capable of analyzing, interpreting and utilizing data to drive product decisions; fluency working with quantitative and qualitative mediums
- Experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver products and projects on tight deadlines; ability to prioritize and deal with ambiguity
- Excellent verbal/written communication & data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both consumer facing and technical teams
- Ability to think creatively with vision, and manage changing priorities
- Marketplace and retail experience preferred