Developer Relationship Engineer
SF Bay Area or Los Angeles
About Story Protocol
Story Protocol aims to grow the creativity of the internet. The internet has introduced revolutionary new methods of developing and distributing creative work: endless remixing, participatory franchises, and AI generated content. However, our current intellectual property infrastructure works against the openness of the internet instead of embracing it. Story Protocol is building an IP infrastructure optimized for the internet era.
Story Protocol aims to address these crucial requirements. Our mission is to unleash the creativity of the internet by building the native IP infrastructure layer of the web.
Our open IP repository enables creative IPs — prose, images, audio, and more — to record their evolutionary journey from inception through the endless combinatorics of digital co-creation. Beyond tracking the provenance and attribution of IP as it grows, we also provide modules that power frictionless composability, allowing anyone to contribute to an IP and to capture the value of that contribution.
Just as Git revolutionized the development of open source software by encompassing the networked evolution of code, Story Protocol is transforming the development of creative IP.
Our team features deep expertise in media, tech, and business. Founding team members are successful serial entrepreneurs. We are backed by top VCs globally.
Now, we’re looking for stellar engineers on our journey to usher in the next era of IP business –– we invite you to join us.
- We are seeking a talented and enthusiastic Developer Relations Engineer to join our team. In this role, you will be the bridge between Story Protocol and our developer community, assisting them in leveraging our innovative protocol and tooling to its fullest potential. You will be working to create a robust and dynamic ecosystem around our technology, fostering a space for innovative applications and solutions.
- Foster strong relationships with developers and partners, acting as their advocate within Story Protocol
- Facilitate effective use of our protocol by developers through creating comprehensive documentation, guides, demo, and tutorials.
- Deliver technical presentations, demonstrations, workshops, office hour, and lead discussions at user groups and conferences.
- Provide feedback to our internal teams, bringing the voice and perspective of the developer community to our product planning and development processes.
- Troubleshoot, support, and resolve technical issues and concerns raised by developers, ensuring a smooth onboarding and development experience.
- Work closely with community manager and business development to effectively build, and manage developer and partner communities, via Discord, Telegram, Forum, Twitter, or other social tools.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in CS/Engineering, or a related technical field.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
- Experience with developer relations or in a similar role is highly preferred.
- Deep understanding of blockchain technology, ecosystem, cryptography, NFT market.
- Multiple professional languages skill is a plus.
- Preferred location: US West Coast; however, Hybrid/Remote working arrangements will be considered, aligning with our dynamic and collaborative work environment.
$160,000 - $220,000 a year