Full Stack Engineer - backend
SF Bay Area or Los Angeles
About Story Protocol
Story Protocol aims to grow the creativity of the internet. The internet has introduced revolutionary new methods of developing and distributing creative work: endless remixing, participatory franchises, and AI generated content. However, our current intellectual property infrastructure works against the openness of the internet instead of embracing it. Story Protocol is building an IP infrastructure optimized for the internet era.
Story Protocol aims to address these crucial requirements. Our mission is to unleash the creativity of the internet by building the native IP infrastructure layer of the web.
Our open IP repository enables creative IPs — prose, images, audio, and more — to record their evolutionary journey from inception through the endless combinatorics of digital co-creation. Beyond tracking the provenance and attribution of IP as it grows, we also provide modules that power frictionless composability, allowing anyone to contribute to an IP and to capture the value of that contribution.
Just as Git revolutionized the development of open source software by encompassing the networked evolution of code, Story Protocol is transforming the development of creative IP.
Our team features deep expertise in media, tech, and business. Founding team members are successful serial entrepreneurs. We are backed by top VCs globally.
Now, we’re looking for stellar engineers on our journey to usher in the next era of IP business –– we invite you to join us.
As a Full Stack Engineer with a focus on backend services at our crypto startup, you will take ownership of the design and implementation of the service architecture, including APIs and SDKs. Collaborating closely with frontend developers and smart contract engineers, you will develop the vital middle layer of our platform, ensuring seamless interaction between user interfaces and blockchain components. Thriving in our fast-paced startup environment, you must be proactive and adaptable, able to take the initiative even when requirements are unclear. Your role will also entail working directly with partners and external contributors, guiding them through the onboarding process, and assisting them in building applications on top of our unique protocol.
- Lead the architecture, design, and implementation of the backend services, APIs, and integrations, closely working with smart contract engineers to ensure alignment with blockchain components.
- Design, implement, and maintain SDKs across various languages such as TypeScript, GoLang, Python, to provide compatibility and seamless integration across platforms.
- Facilitate integration with other service providers, including but not limited to payment gateways, wallet services, AIGC services, and storage solutions.
- Establish, uphold, and continually refine best practices for creating and maintaining applications that are secure, stable, and scalable. Proactively apply Open Source development processes and methodologies to support these standards.
- Produce comprehensive API/SDK documentation, enabling business partners and developers to effectively utilize our platform's capabilities.
Who you are
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in CS/Math/Engineering, or a related technical field.
- 5-7+ years of experience in full-stack development, with a specialized focus on the design and implementation of application development, frontend/backend services. Strong experience in designing, developing API and SDK is preferred.
- Extensive experience with open-source development, demonstrating a comprehensive understanding and experience of the open-source development process and community engagement.
- Proven passion for, and understanding of, blockchain and web3 technologies, cryptocurrency, NFT, reflected in either professional experience or personal interests.
- An ambitious and communicative team player, eager to learn, and possessing the initiative to drive projects forward.
- Preferred location: US West Coast; however, Hybrid/Remote working arrangements will be considered, aligning with our dynamic and collaborative work environment.
$170,000 - $230,000 a year