Senior Smart Contract Engineer
About Story Protocol
Story Protocol aims to grow the creativity of the internet. The internet has introduced revolutionary new methods of developing and distributing creative work: endless remixing, participatory franchises, and AI generated content. However, our current intellectual property infrastructure works against the openness of the internet instead of embracing it. Story Protocol is building an IP infrastructure optimized for the internet era.
Story Protocol aims to address these crucial requirements. Our mission is to unleash the creativity of the internet by building the native IP infrastructure layer of the web.
Our open IP repository enables creative IPs — prose, images, audio, and more — to record their evolutionary journey from inception through the endless combinatorics of digital co-creation. Beyond tracking the provenance and attribution of IP as it grows, we also provide modules that power frictionless composability, allowing anyone to contribute to an IP and to capture the value of that contribution.
Just as Git revolutionized the development of open source software by encompassing the networked evolution of code, Story Protocol is transforming the development of creative IP.
Our team features deep expertise in media, tech, and business. Founding team members are successful serial entrepreneurs. We are backed by top VCs globally.
Now, we’re looking for stellar engineers on our journey to usher in the next era of IP business –– we invite you to join us.
As a Senior Smart Contract Engineer, you'll have the unique opportunity to be a foundational part of our rapidly expanding and well-resourced organization. This role demands a deep passion for building an omni-chain smart contract protocol to empower and grow global creativities. Your responsibility extends to spearheading the architecture, modular design, and implementation of our core protocol right from its inception. Embodying a pivotal role, you will gain complete insight and have the chance to significantly contribute to key strategic, design, and product decisions, thereby actively shaping the direction and success of our company.
- Steer the architecture, design, implementation, testing, and auditing of the core protocol, ensuring the successful execution of all stages of the development lifecycle.
- Foster strong collaboration with the full-stack engineering team, shaping the service API and SDK based on technological advancements and business needs.
- Act as a technical liaison to external/open source developers, providing essential education and support for ecosystem development.
- Develop, establish, and continually improve best practices for fostering an open-source development process and culture. Embrace a leadership role in shaping and promoting an inclusive, collaborative, and transparent engineering team culture.
Who you are
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in CS/Math/Engineering, or a related technical field.
- Possess a minimum of 3 to 5 years of hands-on experience in smart contract development and deployment, specifically with Solidity, showcasing a proven track record of successful deployments.
- Demonstrate a profound understanding of EVM L1/L2, NFT, DeFi, and the wider blockchain ecosystem. Expertise in modular and composable protocol design, smart contract security, gas efficiency.
- Evidence substantial experience in open-source development, complemented by a strong track record of community engagement, demonstrating an ability to lead and influence in a decentralized environment.
- Display keen interest or possess previous experience in the fields of Intellectual Property, NFT, and the media business, showcasing an understanding of their intersection with blockchain technology.
- A self-starter with a zest for learning, ambitious and communicative with a strong penchant for taking the initiative. This role requires someone who is unafraid to challenge the status quo and eager to contribute to a fast-paced, innovative startup environment.
- Global talents are welcome! We are a decentralization first organization.
$180,000 - $240,000 a year