Costa Mesa, California /
Roadtrip Nation – Production /
The Senior Editor is responsible for editing long and short form documentary content in addition to various supporting video assets. The majority of this role works with the Directors, Producers, and other video production staff to deliver videos to Roadtrip Nation’s standards of storytelling and quality while meeting specific project deadlines. Occasionally this role may involve operating camera or conducting video interviews with limited traveling.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Collaborate with the Director and Producer to concept elements of the video project including timelines, storyboard, and themes.
- Use creative editing skillset to assemble professional long form video documentary content with swift timelines to hit hard deadlines.
- Proactive, positive team player, able to edit long/short form documentary content from assembly to final cut.
- Edit online video, promos, curriculum videos, training videos and other content for RTN and partners.
- Edit additional interview style content for various Roadtrip Nation products and platforms.
- Responsible for addressing directors notes and preparing all projects for final delivery including music placement, adjusting audio and color as needed, packaging and exporting to required specifications.
- Maintain clean and organized media, project files and deliverables through postproduction lifecycle in accordance with department standard operating procedures.
- Collaborate with other production staff to collaborate on various multimedia deliverables.
- May design, animate and edit motion graphics as needed.
- Provide guidance and assign tasks to assistant editors and interns in order to complete video projects.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of Adobe Premiere Pro.
- Working knowledge of Adobe After Effects.
- Candidate should be comfortable conceptualizing short and long-form stories from documentary-style footage.
- Candidate should be comfortable editing/exporting a variety of codecs, frame rates and audio breakouts for broadcast and online distribution..
- Candidate should keep very well-organized files, folders and hard drives.
- 3-6+ years of experience with documentary, reality, or feature film editing.
- Expert knowledge of video editing platforms such as Premiere Pro, Final Cut or AVID.
- Previous experience and understanding of how to use creative editing skillset to build world, progress narrative and entertain audience while meeting project brief guidelines in allotted amount of time.
- Preferred Education/Experience
- Experience with basic production skills including pre-production planning, camera operation, lighting, and audio.
- Bachelor’s degree in Video production with emphasis on editing, a degree from a film academy, related area of study or similar work experience
- Additional Eligibility Qualifications Awards and/or previous film or video examples/samples.
- Candidate should share a reel/website/portfolio demonstrating editing expertise.
$55,000 - $67,000 a year
Work Environment Can operate in a variety of environments.This job typically operates in a professional office environment with the possibility of pre arranged work-from-home capability. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and printers.
Physical DemandsThe physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Lifting: up to 20 lbs camera gear bagsHolding/lifting: 10lbs camera/audio gear for extended periodsSitting/standing for extended periods of time
Typical Mental and Physical DemandsRequires prolonged sitting with some bending, stooping and stretching; eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, telephone, photocopier, calculator and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare, and communicate appropriate reports. Also requires moderate to intense concentration due to complexity and/or need to meet deadlines, and flexibility to readily adapt to a changing environment.
Position Type/Expected Hours of WorkThis is a full-time position and hours of work and days are typically Monday through Friday, 9 am- 6 pm. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand. Some overtime may be required upon approval.
Travel: Up to 10% of the time for varying duration, project permitted.
Affirmative Action Plan/ Equal Employer Opportunity (AAP/EEO) Statement Roadtrip Nation (RTN) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, RTN complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Roadtrip Nation expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of RTN’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including termination of employment.
Other duties Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.