Strategic Partnerships Coordinator
Roadtrip Nation – Sales /
Who We Are: Roadtrip Nation creates innovative career exploration products designed to help individuals build livelihoods doing what they love. Roadtrip Nation is an innovative, regional-Emmy award winning production company creating life-changing experiences, documentaries, online resources and education. We are on a mission to empower people to create their own stories and define their own roads in life! This is a high-energy, collaborative and data driven environment. Roadtrip Nation seeks a dynamic team member to join our team who thrives on impact, collaboration, and invigorating activities to stay connected in a remote world. Looking forward to hearing from you and about your journey!
What We’re Looking For: We are looking for a detail-oriented, problem solving individual with great communication skills to join our Strategic Partnerships team. This is a support role for the Vice President of Strategic Partnerships, with opportunities to interact with external funders and partners. This role can be fully remote within the United States or hybrid in-office in Costa Mesa, CA.
What does this position entail? The Strategic Partnerships Coordinator will efficiently execute all administrative functions of the Strategic Partnerships team, which will include working across multiple departments internally to onboard new partners, coordinating with third party consultants, researching potential partners/funders, writing/designing funding proposals, and managing Salesforce CRM data, pipelines, and reports.
What does a typical day look like in this role?
- Writing and designing funding proposals for prospective partners
- Researching specific themes, industries or demographics in potential partners
- Creating product and design formats, most commonly in InDesign.
- Identifying and attending relevant conferences that could support lead generation
- Researching conference attendees in preparation lead generation efforts at conferences
- Managing stewardship calendar of current and potential partners, ensuring consistent communication in partnership renewal and expansions
- Joining VP, Strategic Partnerships and RTN President on partner calls to capture notes and next steps
- Managing communication, scheduling, invoicing, etc. with a team of contractors
- Partnering with other RTN departments on process development
- Providing consistent updates to internal staff about the pipeline of potential partners
- Providing support to Contract Coordinator and VP, Strategic Partnerships in contract negotiations
- Providing support to Program Management team when onboarding new partnerships
- Creating a consistent source of information for the Sales team and other internal teams about timing and expectations of potential partners
- Running reports to support sales strategy, forecasting and lead-generation processes
- Tracking interactions with Roadtrip Nation, changes in status of Opportunities, length of sales cycle, etc.
What skills and background will support you in this role:
- Thorough knowledge (1-2 years experience) of Customer Relationship Management system (e.g., Salesforce)
- Thorough knowledge of writing content for fundraising proposals/grant applications
- Thorough knowledge of internal communication best practices
- General knowledge of researching organizations/individuals to identify alignment with Roadtrip Nation projects
- Working knowledge of InDesign
- Detail oriented
- Customer service oriented
- Collaborative spirit/teamwork
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, or related field
- Non profit fundraising experience preferred
$26.10 - $29 an hour
The pay range listed is based on national compensation benchmark data and may vary depending on skills, experience, job-related knowledge, variations in cost of labor, and in some cases, geographic location. The exact job offer will be determined based on several factors such as the candidate’s individual skills, qualifications and experience relative to the requirements of the role. The range displayed with the job posting represents the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across the U.S.
The company also reviews and considers internal equity (current employee salary) when hiring new employees to the organization. The range is the expected starting base salary for someone hired into this position with room to grow professionally, including increased earning potential beyond the starting pay range. Beyond a new hire’s base salary, Roadtrip Nation also offers all full-time employees a comprehensive employee benefit package, extensive holidays and time off, and tons of perks.
Many routes, one journey
Roadtrip Nation is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity employer. Our mission is to empower people to define their own roads in life. We are always looking to grow the diversity of our internal teams, in order to create richness and depth in our story-telling and fully represent the populations in which we serve. Every story and background adds richness to our culture, and we continually strive to mirror that diversity of stories on our own team. When we hire, we envision a workforce representing as many backgrounds, identities, and roads as possible. We can’t wait to hear more about your story.
Note: Research suggests that individuals identifying as Black, Latinx, Asian, Pacific Islander, Indigenous, members of the LGBTQIA community, women, and people living with disabilities may self-select out of opportunities if they don’t meet 100% of the job requirements. We encourage individuals who believe they have the skills necessary to thrive at Roadtrip Nation to apply for this role.
How do I apply? Please submit your cover letter and resume at https://www.roadtripnation.com/join-our-team