Costa Mesa, California /
Roadtrip Nation – Production /
Who We Are:
Roadtrip Nation creates innovative career exploration products designed to help individuals build livelihoods doing what they love. Roadtrip Nation is an innovative, regional-Emmy award winning production company creating life-changing experiences, documentaries, online resources and education. We are on a mission to empower people to create their own stories and define their own roads in life! This is a high-energy, collaborative and data driven environment. Roadtrip Nation seeks a dynamic team member to join our team who thrives on impact, collaboration, and invigorating activities to stay connected in a remote world. Looking forward to hearing from you and about your journey!
What We’re Looking For:
We are looking for a clever, detail oriented and motivated individual to join our Production Team. This is a career position for a self motivated individual with a keen eye for detail. This position is open for either fully remote or in our office in Costa Mesa, CA.
What does this position entail?
The Field Director is responsible for directing and facilitating short and long form documentary video content and facilitating small group road trip experiences for programs that they are directing. The Field Director must have the ability to drive, operate and troubleshoot all functions of the RV. This role works with the Associate Creative Director, Producer, and other video production staff to deliver videos that are up to Roadtrip Nation’s standards of storytelling and quality.
A typical day in this position will involve
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Collaborate with the Associate Creative Director, Head of Production, Producers and Production team and work independently to concept elements of the field video project including route planning, talent acquisition, scheduling, and storyboarding.
- Successfully convey the creative brief through long and short form videos
- Direct, oversee, and operate production equipment including: lights, audio, and camera
- Conduct and direct documentary interviews with participants
- Oversee field notes, media organization, and media backup with Producer, Post Production Supervisor, Post Director, and Assistant Editors for media handoff.
- Direct and shoot short form, long form, and episodic documentary content for broadcast, online video, promos, events, curriculum videos, training videos, and other content for RTN and partners
- Team with other production staff to collaborate on final production products
- Review planing with Producers, Associate Creative Director, Production team and other stakeholders as needed to accomplish goals of the project
- Address Associate Creative Director’s notes and feedback
- Travel as needed to facilitate road trips and video productions
What will set you up for success in this position?
- Understand and carry out RTN safety standards within the RV and in all aspects of travel for roadtrippers and crew while on the road, or other production
- Thorough knowledge of operating, troubleshooting and Driving the RV, including driving long distances and maneuvering the RV on tight city streets
- Strong customer service skills/background and flexible working style
- Ability to think creatively but also follow direction and operate efficiently under project requirements
- Thorough knowledge of production equipment, such as camera, audio, media workflow & capture settings
- Experience with common production tasks including pre-production planning, camera operation, lighting, and audio
Many routes, one journey
- Roadtrip Nation is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity employer. Our mission is to empower people to define their own roads in life. We are always looking to grow the diversity of our internal teams, in order to create richness and depth in our story-telling and fully represent the populations in which we serve.
- Every story and background adds richness to our culture, and we continually strive to mirror that diversity of stories on our own team. When we hire, we envision a workforce representing as many backgrounds, identities, and roads as possible. We can’t wait to hear more about your story.
- Note: Research suggests that individuals identifying as Black, Latinx, Asian, Pacific Islander, Indigenous, members of the LGBTQIA community, women, and people living with disabilities may self-select out of opportunities if they don’t meet 100% of the job requirements. We encourage individuals who believe they have the skills necessary to thrive at Roadtrip Nation to apply for this role.