Senior Marketing Content Editor and Videographer
Costa Mesa, California /
Roadtrip Nation – Production /
The Senior Marketing Video Editor & Videographer will work directly with the Marketing team to ideate, create, and manage assets for Roadtrip Nation’s marketing efforts and brand building. This role will collaborate with members of the Creative and Production teams to create assets for Roadtrip Nation's digital and other marketing channels in order to drive brand awareness while growing an engaged audience.
This role possesses a strong skill for the craft of video editing, marketing best practices, understanding of aesthetics, audience behavior, and is able to bring cutting edge styles and elevated ideas to the table. This role also thrives in a fast-paced environment where they are comfortable quickly delivering clean, onbrand designs based on existing style guides and brand guidelines. This role functions as a conceptual thinker and executer that can contribute to and deliver on larger multi-channel campaigns. This role is responsible for managing multiple fast-pace projects and requires effective communication skills for consulting with cross-functional teams.
The ideal candidate will have a marketing mindset, be technically savvy with a passion for learning, be a subject matter expert in all things short-form video editing, including but not limited to; narrative audio pacing, music implementation, and visuals/motion graphics with a sense of story. Besides having technical acumen, the optimal candidate will have a passion for short-form marketing content creation, a drive for innovation, and a high degree of pride in editorial craftsmanship. If you're well organized, a creative ideator, a great communicator, open to feedback, and have a solutions oriented mindset - this role is for you!
What does this position entail?
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Own the editing of Roadtrip Nation’s marketing and promotional short-form videos with varying complexity, integrating motion graphics, b-roll, and filming when needed to ensure the highest quality and cutting edge editing standards and optimum end-user experience
- Produce a wide range of creative assets including videos, motion graphics, templates, layouts, and visual standards for marketing activities in different formats for diverse channels such as web, social media, events, and email campaigns
- As an expert in all things editing you seek to test and scale new editing styles and you’re always looking at top brands and social channels for trends, bringing unique ideas to the table. Developing ideas for larger marketing needs, figuring out how to produce and edit content in new, fun, and engaging ways through the user-first marketing lens
- Ensure content is edited and released timely and efficiently based on the deadlines defined in the editing and project schedule
- Manage, organize, and archive digital media assets from projects and actively refine technical workflows to improve efficiency Formulate cohesive, effective assets using the keen ability to leverage storytelling and editorial styles
- Help develop and drive concepts & ideas into high-level motion graphics and videos, while working efficiently and managing time and deadlines
- Tackle challenges, discover efficiencies, and learn new practices to ease the flow of ideation to conceptualization
- Work effectively within a team and a culture of teamwork and collaboration
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong understanding of digital trends, short form video editing and overall best practices across key communication platforms—with an ability to tell a cohesive and captivating story
- General knowledge in basic color correction, audio mixing, and mixdowns
- Comfortable creating text/graphic animations and adding effects to enhance edits
- General knowledge of the following tools: Adobe After Effects, Premiere, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Ability to take constructive feedback and implement changes quickly and accurately
- Team player and self-starter
- Excellent verbal communication skills—communicates expectations, roadblocks, and is solutions oriented
- Project and time management
- Creative thinker and problem solver
- Strong attention to detail
- Data driven decision maker & results oriented
Videographer (15%): Operating camera, audio, and production equipment, including lighting and audio
Skills that will help you succeed in this role
- Bachelor’s Degree in motion design, graphic design or related field
- 4+ years of motion graphic & editing experience
- Filming/shooting experience
- A professional demo reel or website showcasing recent short-form editing work
Work Environment This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and printers.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work This is a full-time position and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 9 am - 6 pm. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Affirmative Action Plan/ Equal Employer Opportunity (AAP/EEO) Statement Roadtrip Nation (RTN) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, RTN complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Roadtrip Nation expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of RTN’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including termination of employment.