Interview Archive Editor
Roadtrip Nation – Production /
Summary/Objective The Interview Archive Editor is responsible for the editing of video content for Roadtrip Nation’s online interview archive. This role primarily works with the Product Video Director to deliver videos to Roadtrip Nation’s standards of storytelling and quality.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Edit documentary interviews for Roadtrip Nation’s Interview Archive including additional online content.
- Work with the Interview Archive Director to develop storylines for each assignment.
- Organize media and video projects to be in line with department standards.
- Team with other production staff to collaborate on final production products Work with Directors and Producers to plan and coordinate video productions, including interview shoots.
- Conduct documentary interviews with Roadtrippers and subjects.
- May: Operate camera, audio, and production equipment.
- May: Travel as needed to facilitate Roadtrips and video productions.
- May: Assemble segments of episodic documentary content.
- Work with other departments and outsourced independents.
- Review all work with Directors, Producers, Creative Director of Video and/or other stakeholders.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Working knowledge of video editing platforms.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Excellent attention to detail, and dedication to accuracy.
- Strong sense of narrative and storytelling.
- 2-4+ years of experience with online video, documentary, or reality video editing and production.
- General Knowledge of video editing platforms such as Premiere Pro, Final Cut, AVID or equivalent
- General Knowledge of video camera, audio and production equipment operation
- Self-starter that is able to work as part of a team Experience in multi-cam editing.
- Experience working with multiple departments and multitasking.
- Exceptional organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional time management skills are a must; as well as the ability to be flexible
- Experience with basic production tasks including pre-production planning, camera operation, lighting, and audio
- Preferred Education/Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Video production with emphasis on editing, a degree from a film academy, related area of study or similar work experience.
- Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Awards and/or previous film or video examples/samples.
$48,000 - $62,000 a year
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and printers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 9 am - 6 pm. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
This role may travel up to 10% of the time.
Affirmative Action Plan/ Equal Employer Opportunity (AAP/EEO) Statement Roadtrip Nation (RTN) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, RTN complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Roadtrip Nation expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of RTN’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including termination of employment.