Senior Research Analyst
Washington, DC /
Strada Education Network – Impact /
The Senior Research Analyst will work in collaboration with the research team, especially the Senior Director of Strada’s Workforce Solutions research program, to produce original research and insights related to the intersection of education and the workforce—including labor market trends and workforce demands, industry and employer policies and practices, talent-driven economic development, and short-term, non degree education and training models—with a strong emphasis on quantitative analysis. This position will be located in either our Indianapolis or DC location.
- Strong statistical and methodological capabilities to design, execute, and report on quantitative analyses
- Strong analytical reasoning and writing abilities, including the ability to crystalize and synthesize insights from academic research, data analyses, and survey research into actionable insights for a broad audience of stakeholders
- Well-versed on issues related to postsecondary education and the workforce, including the economics of higher education, labor economics, federal and state policies related to higher education and workforce development
- Strong project management and organizational skills, self-directed with excellent follow through and the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in PowerPoint and Excel, and the ability to learn and use web-based platforms and databases
- Proficiency with statistical software, data visualization tools, and familiarity with multiple education, economic, and workforce datasets (e.g. Census, BLS, and NCES)
- Proficiency and experience speaking in front of large audiences
- Experience and comfort working in a fast-paced environment, and facility and interest in taking on a variety of roles (including scoping, leading and contributing to projects)
- Strong interpersonal, facilitation, and group process skills, including the ability to work collaboratively with individuals and teams representing different interests and needs
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Strada Education Network is a national nonprofit social impact organization dedicated to improving lives by creating clearer connections between post-secondary education and employment. We are particularly interested in ensuring that students achieve tangible outcomes through post-secondary education and training of all types – employment and socioeconomic gains. To achieve our aims, we work with partners in education and training, nonprofit organizations, industry, and policy. We use research, strategic philanthropy, investments, advocacy and engagement, and collaborating organizations, all focused on advancing economic mobility beyond completing a postsecondary education credential, to enact our mission.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are integral to Strada’s organizational vibrancy, employee experience, and mission. We strongly encourage applications from people of color, immigrant, bilingual, and bicultural individuals; people with disabilities, members of the LBGTQIA+ and gender nonconforming communities; and people with other diverse backgrounds and lived experiences. We believe every member on the team enriches our workplace by contributing to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and discover, design, and deliver critical insights and solutions.