Director of Product Management
Do you want to build products that drive the direction and future of education? Do you want to pave the way and know you are fundamentally changing people’s lives? Do you want to join a vibrant team that is passionate about their mission?
Did you answer yes to the above questions? Are you ready for a unique challenge? Then this is the job for you!
StraighterLine.com, an innovative online educational platform that delivers college level courses for credit and prepares students for enrolling into degree programs, is looking for a passionate and talented Director of Technical Product Management.
Our ideal candidate will form insights and find innovative ways to interact with our students, translate ideas into product designs, and harness the passion and energy of teams across the company to bring these designs into the world. We are looking for a proven candidate who will shape the vision and roadmap, define the principles and framework that empowers teams to innovate.
Responsibilities include collection of business and systems requirements, writing specifications, driving from design to realization. You will lead and coordinate design/implementation efforts between internal teams and outside merchants and vendors to develop optimal solutions. You will be expected to make appropriate tradeoffs to optimize time-to-market, clearly communicate goals and desired outcomes to internal cross-functional and remote project teams.
Key objectives for this role include:
- Start with the customer and work backwards to define your product vision.
- Innovate and develop delightful products that solve problems for StraighterLine customers.
- Be the end-to-end owner of the product – manage the business cases, identify the value proposition, define the customer experience, build out the product requirements, and customer adoption.
- Create actionable business requirements, user stories, functional specs, workflows and incorporate feedback from stakeholders.
- Lead the delivery of new product lines and feature enhancements.
- Related B.S. degree and 5-8+ years product management experience, delivering customer-facing products/service using an agile process.
- Experience managing product or program teams
- Minimum of 5 years product management experience in a cloud/SAAS based internet business.
- Market and customer analysis skills with demonstrated willingness and capability to learn new areas quickly
- Demonstrated ability to formulate data-driven decisions that lead to results.
- Demonstrated ability to conceptualize, manage, and prioritize multiple products.
- Experience in online learning, adult learning, LMS based courseware and/or academic environment is a plus but not required.
Recognized by Fast Company as one of the “10 Most Innovative Companies in Education,” the New York Times, Inside Higher Ed and more, StraighterLine's innovative courses and relationships with colleges makes higher education affordable again. StraighterLine is backed by leading venture capital firms like FirstMark Capital -- a New York City-based venture capital firm with a history of successful investments in online, consumer-focused and education businesses -- Chrysalis Ventures, and three of the best known education-focused investors City Light Capital, ReThink Education and New Market Ventures.