Student Success Specialist
DMV Area /
Student Success /
StraighterLine is a brand focused on student success in online education. There are many teams within the brand that all come together to achieve this purpose. The Student Success Specialist is a critical member of the Student Success team as the main point of contact for prospective students throughout their journey from enrollment through course completion & finally credit transfer. The Specialist will facilitate the new student enrollment experience to ensure a smooth transition to college-level course material, suggest engagement with support services, and continually monitor students’ progress utilizing various coaching and support techniques.
As the face and voice of StraighterLine, you will help facilitate the student experience as prospective students make purchasing and enrollment decisions, navigation of course material, credit transfer processes, and more through the StraighterLine Learning Management System. Our ideal candidate is passionate about working in an inbound and outbound contact center environment eager to convert leads into students, possesses exemplary customer service and communication skills, and is an expert problem-solver with a keen eye for detail and organization.
This role reports to the Team Lead and is a remote, full-time position. Access to a stable, fast internet connection and a quiet place to work is required. This candidate should be available to work weekdays, weekends, and select holidays within ET/CT/MT/PT time zones. This is a primarily remote position. Candidates should be located within a two-hour drive of either Duluth, GA or Washington, DC as the position will require in person meetings from time to time.
What You’ll Do
- Conduct inbound and outbound communications to nurture and convert leads/student prospects into enrolled StraighterLine learners
- Highly driven to engage and convert lead volume, work contact strategy, upsell, and cross-sell StraighterLine products and services
- Maintain and/or exceed targets for key productivity and quality-indicating metrics in the role including a 30% conversion rate of lead volume
- Respond to student inquiries via live chat, email, phone, help desk tickets, and SMS with clear, concise information and a warm, approachable tone
- Use critical thinking to identify available solutions for students at each phase of their journey
- Identify process improvements to increase team efficiency and/or student outcomes
- Utilize CRM systems, appointment-scheduling software, G Suite, and communication channels effortlessly such as Slack and Zoom/Google Meet, etc.
Who You Are
- 4+ years of experience in customer-facing roles (online sales and support, online education, call center expertise, ed-tech higher education experience a plus)
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Strong interpersonal sales and customer service skills with the ability to collaborate
- Adept at problem-solving, active listening, patience, follow-through, and empathy
- Able to multitask effectively through organization and prioritization skills
- Driven to research appropriate solutions in a faced-paced environment when faced with challenging or unprecedented inquiries
- Comfortable with ambiguity, flexible to change, and great adaptability