Director, Channel Partnerships
Baltimore, MD /
At StraighterLine we are on a mission to help students succeed!
StraighterLine is the leading provider of high-quality, affordable, online courses that help learners earn college credit and meet their professional goals. Each year, 150,000 learners take one of StraighterLine’s 215 courses to upskill into new careers or earn credit from over 2,000 colleges and universities worldwide. StraighterLine works with institutions and corporate partners to provide their students and employees with flexible education options that allow them to work and learn at their own pace. Visit www.straighterline.com for more information.
Working at StraighterLine
StraighterLine team members work every day knowing that they are helping learners on their path to employability and career success. We're an inclusive team that fosters collaboration, that trusts and communicates openly. Like our students, we are lifelong learners and strive for excellence in our work. We are committed to bringing innovative solutions to the field - your ideas will never go unheard. And, best of all, we love to celebrate each other's contributions and wins.
We also know how important a life outside of work is, and the support that employers can contribute.
See the end of this posting to learn more about our great benefits.
Come join us - we are hiring for a brand new position - a Director, Channel Partnerships on our Growth team.
This is a primarily remote position. Preference is for candidates who are located within a two-hour drive of either Duluth, GA or the DC/Baltimore area as the position will require in person meetings from time to time.
The Director of Channel Partnerships will be part of a dynamic Partnerships team responsible for current partner management, new partner development, and people leadership. The candidate will build relationships with key internal and external stakeholders, coordinate partnership efforts across the business, and prioritize opportunities for new and existing partnerships. This position reports to the Vice President of Partnerships and Business Development.
- Help develop and execute a partnership strategy to increase the reach and impact of our ongoing strategic channel efforts
- Coordinate the management of ongoing relationships across existing channels and where relevant, leverage those relationships to greater collective impact
- Identify new strategic initiatives that could be built around or benefit from existing channel partnerships
- Collaborate cross-functionally to understand scope and execution of new business initiatives Develop systems and procedures in support of the identification, engagement and development of strategic partnerships.
- Analyze and track key metrics to report on the performance of channel partners
- Monitor industry trends and stay up-to-date on competitors and market conditions
- Attend industry events and conferences to cultivate and build new relationships and promote the company
- Operate with limited oversight, execute solutions, and be able to drive excitement and growth across partners
- 7+ years of progressive work-related experience in partnerships and/or new business development
- Project management expertise with the ability to develop, articulate and operationalize new ideas
- Effective people leader and team player with the ability to collaborate, adapt and manage ambiguity
- Excellent verbal/written communication and presentation ability.
- Strong strategic and analytical skills
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Proven track record of working cross functionally to navigate complex challenges that lead to tangible results
- Flexibility for travel (approximately 10%)
- Systems Knowledge: high proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint, Salesforce.com
- Experience working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and using data to drive decision-making
Low-cost health, dental and vision plans with extensive networks
401K with match, immediately eligible
Education Assistance - you & your family have free access to all StraighterLine courses
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.