Director Of Content
SL Labs /
StraighterLine is an innovative online educational platform that helps solves the #1 issue facing students today – the skyrocketing cost of college.
Our director of content will partner with StraighterLine’s chief learning officer and VP of marketing to develop and execute SL’s content strategy as necessary to attract, acquire, and engage our target audience of higher education leaders and influencers.
The director of content will develop and implement, strategic content strategies, lead the placement of content, and track, analyze, and report metrics for content efficacy. The director also will manage the SL content library to ensure it is current and accessible to SL staff.
Business Goals and Objectives
- Raise company profile through thought leadership and influencer engagement.
- Support our efforts to build community among student and alumni audiences.
- Lead efforts in the promotion of SL’s educational offerings through development of articles, white papers, Webinar presentations and other media.
- Establish strong, efficient infrastructural process and procedures for leading and managing content workflows among multiple internal teams and external stakeholders.
- Lead the creation of 1-2 publishable content products per month to drive awareness, engagement, and web traffic that ultimately generate leads for SL programs and new contacts for SL leadership. Example formats include whitepapers, infographics, guides, templates, articles, research papers, etc.
- Develop and maintain an editorial calendar and an efficient content development and management system.
- Add to our existing network for outsourced writers, editors, designer, and proofreaders to manage all content production.
- Partner with the marketing team on the placement, promotion, and tracking of all content assets.
- Ensure content is meeting business objectives by tracking, analyzing, and reporting efficacy metrics.
- 10+ years of experience in journalism, communications, marketing, and publishing or other editorial roles.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills.
- Past experience producing content for the web specifically, as well as channel-specific knowledge (blog, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, etc.) is desirable.
- Having published peer-reviewed papers is desirable.
- Ideal candidate is a natural problem solver and multitasker.
- Candidates should have experience with, and be comfortable wearing many different hats: you might need to be a blogger today, a researcher tomorrow, or a videographer the next day.
This position is salaried, full-time, and with the possibility to be remote.
Recognized by Fast Company as one of the “10 Most Innovative Companies in Education,” the New York Times, Inside Higher Ed and more, StraighterLine's innovative courses and relationships with colleges makes higher education affordable again. StraighterLine is backed by leading venture capital firms like FirstMark Capital-- a New York City-based venture capital firm with a history of successful investments in online, consumer-focused and education businesses -- Chrysalis Ventures, and three of the best known education-focused investors City Light Capital, ReThink Education and New Market Ventures.