Front Line /
StraighterLine.com is a student success and college readiness company that offers low cost, online college courses to students looking to earn college credit and save on the cost of their degree. We are looking for a motivated Enrollment Counselor (EC) to join our growing team. Our ECs serve as the primary point of contact with prospective students.
Goals of the Position:
- Help prospective students determine if StraighterLine is a good fit given their educational goals and situations, and to help those students enroll.
- Educate prospective students on StraighterLine features and benefits.
- Help prospective students understand the credit transfer process and specifically help them confirm if their school will accept StraighterLine course for credit transfer.
To accomplish these goals the best candidates will be able to:
- Effectively communicate with prospective students via inbound and outbound calls, live chat, and email
- Identify prospective student concerns through active listening and identify how StraighterLine is able to meet their needs
- Maintain working knowledge of StraighterLine partnerships, credit transfer process, and courses in order to assess if StraighterLine is the right fit for prospective student
- Help prospective students identify which courses will be able to meet their needs and educational goals Provide excellent customer service
- Create and maintain accurate contact history and necessary updates in our CRM to manage prospective student pipeline
- Meet weekly and monthly performance goals
Required Skills, Education & Experience:
- Exceptional communication skills
- Outgoing personality
- Ability to solve problems
- Strong student-focused mentality
- Self-motivated and ability to work in a team environment
- Proficiency in Google Suite - Docs and Sheets
- Some college experience is required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 1-2 years of experience in sales, customer service, or enrollment
- Experience in Higher Education preferred
Recognized by Fast Company as one of the “10 Most Innovative Companies in Education,” the New York Times, Inside Higher Ed and more, StraighterLine's innovative courses and relationships with colleges makes higher education affordable again. StraighterLine is backed by leading venture capital firms like FirstMark Capital -- a New YorkCity-based venture capital firm with a history of successful investments in online, consumer-focused and education businesses -- Chrysalis Ventures, and three of the best known education-focused investors City Light Capital, ReThink Education and New Market Ventures.