StraighterLine.com, an innovative online educational platform that delivers college level courses for credit and prepares students for enrolling into degree programs, is looking for a motivated, detailed oriented Enrollment Advisor (EA). As the first point of contact for most students, it is critical that the Enrollment Advisor have outstanding customer service skills. In this role, the EA will work directly with prospective students, guiding them through the enrollment process and answering questions about the student life cycle. Enrollment advisors will have an in-depth understanding of over 60+ online courses and over 100 partner colleges in order to ensure students are selecting the appropriate courses for their degree program.
Goals of the Position:
- Effectively inform prospective students of StraighterLine products and course transferability through verbal and written communication.
- During and after initial contact with prospective students, use consultative sales initiatives to drive enrollments.
- Counsel prospective students on SL course expectations in order to ensure student success.
To accomplish position these goals the best candidates will be able to:
- Reach out proactively, via phone and e-mail, to prospective students per their interest with online education
- Field incoming phone, email, and chat questions from prospective students
- Assess potential needs of students to determine what courses are most appropriate for their degree plan
- Maintain a full knowledge of all partnerships, programs and marketing material to provide on-demand answers and support to all student inquires
- Build a rapport and provide assistance to students in course selection in accordance with partner college requirements and specified degree program
- Counsel student concerns and needs through active listening
- Ensure all students understand StraighterLine requirements and policies prior to enrollment to drive student success
- Provide continuous, proactive outreach with all prospective leads to meet and exceed individual and company student enrollment goals
- Utilize professional communication to address incoming student concerns, hindrances, and challenges to student enrollment success
- Provide a positive and seamless student experience
- Demonstrate strong team relationships by working collaboratively with direct team members and other departments
- Maintain and help gather a high knowledge base of company products, processes, policies and industry competitive intelligence
- Identify and communicate trends and improvements that could help drive business goals
Required Skills, Education & Experience
- Minimum 1-3 years of customer service, sales or relationship building experience.
- Some college experience required, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Prior online education experience preferred
- Prior knowledge of higher education, credit transfer, and accreditation preferred
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Love of working directly with customers via phone and e-mail
- Self- motivated and able to work effectively in a team environment
- Great retention of knowledge
- Detail oriented
- Goal driven
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Ability to complete multiple tasks with a high degree of attention to detail while handling frequent interruptions
- Adapt quickly to change
- Positive disposition to ensure pleasant experience with employees throughout the day
Recognized by Fast Company as one of the “10 Most Innovative Companies in Education,” the New York Times, Inside Higher Ed and more, StraighterLine's innovative courses and relationships with colleges makes higher education affordable again. StraighterLine is backed by leading venture capital firms like FirstMark Capital -- a New YorkCity-based venture capital firm with a history of successful investments in online, consumer-focused and education businesses -- Chrysalis Ventures, and three of the best known education-focused investors City Light Capital, ReThink Education and New Market Ventures.