StraighterLine.com, an innovative online educational platform that delivers college level courses for credit and prepares students for enrolling into degree programs is looking for a motivated, detail oriented Student Advisor with excellent customer service and problem solving skills to join our Student Support Team. This individual will work closely with a large student body, communicating directly via an online ticketing system, as well as via phone and email to provide the high level of customer service in which StraighterLine prides itself. He or she will guide and assist students throughout their entire StraighterLine experience to help drive them towards course completion and enrollment at one of our 100+ Partner Colleges.
Goals of the Position:
- Effectively problem solve student issues as they arise in a timely fashion.
- Drive student retention and completion.
- Provide outstanding customer service via phone and electronic communications.
To accomplish position these goals the best candidates will be able to:
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Think outside the box while problem solving and resolving student issues.
- Manage time and prioritize tasks efficiently
- Proficiently navigate multiple systems simultaneously.
- Complete multiple tasks with a high degree of attention to detail, while handling frequent interruptions.
- Prioritize constantly changing tasks.
- Adapt quickly to change
- Display a positive disposition to ensure pleasant experience with employees and customers throughout the day
Required Skills, Education & Experience
- Must love working directly with customers, solving problems, and providing above and beyond customer service
- Minimum 1-3 years of customer service experience.
- Some college experience required, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Prior online education experience preferred
- Prior knowledge of higher education, credit transfer, and accreditation preferred
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to work effectively in a team environment
- Great retention of knowledge
- Detail oriented
- Goal driven
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Adapt quickly to change
Recognized by Fast Company as one of the “10 Most Innovative Companies in Education,” the New York Times, Inside Higher Ed and more, StraighterLine's innovative courses and relationships with colleges makes higher education affordable again. StraighterLine is backed by leading venture capital firms like FirstMark Capital -- a New YorkCity-based venture capital firm with a history of successful investments in online, consumer-focused and education businesses -- Chrysalis Ventures, and three of the best known education-focused investors City Light Capital, ReThink Education and New Market Ventures.