Student Support Specialist
StraighterLine is looking for a highly motivated individual with great attention to detail. The Student Support Specialist has the pleasure of helping students achieve their educational goals through an innovative online educational platform that delivers college level courses for credit. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced work environment full of other amazing specialists.
The newest member of the team will work closely with a large student body, communicating directly via phone, email and Live Chat to provide the high level of customer service that StraighterLine is known for. He or she will guide and assist students throughout their entire StraighterLine experience to help drive them towards course completion and enrollment at one of our 100+ Partner Colleges.
Goals of the Position:
- Effectively problem solve student issues as they arise in a timely fashion
- Increase student retention and completion through problem solving and extensive product and system knowledge
- Determine student needs and walk them through a series of possible solutions to achieve the desired outcome
- Manage partnerships by ensuring all students receive timely resolutions
- Provide world-class customer service via phone and electronic communication
- Inform leadership of trending customer needs as the "voice of the student"
The best candidate must:
- Be self-motivated while working in a collaborative team environment
- Think creatively while problem solving to resolve student issues
- Possess excellent time management skills to prioritize constantly changing tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Process tasks with a high degree of attention to detail, while balancing frequent interruptions
- Proficiently navigate multiple systems simultaneously
- Display a positive disposition to ensure a pleasant experience with both employees and students throughout the day
- Exhibit excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Adapt quickly to change
Required Skills, Education & Experience
- Minimum 1-3 years of customer service experience
- Some college experience required, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Prior online education experience preferred
- Prior knowledge of higher education, credit transfer, and accreditation preferred
Recognized by Fast Company as one of the “10 Most Innovative Companies in Education,” the New York Times, Inside Higher Ed and more, StraighterLine's innovative courses and relationships with colleges makes higher education affordable again. StraighterLine is backed by leading venture capital firms like FirstMark Capital -- a New YorkCity-based venture capital firm with a history of successful investments in online, consumer-focused and education businesses -- Chrysalis Ventures, and three of the best known education-focused investors City Light Capital, ReThink Education and New Market Ventures.