Student Support Specialist
StraighterLine.com, an innovative online educational platform that delivers college level courses for credit and prepares students for enrolling into degree programs, is looking for a motivated, detail-oriented Student Advisor / Support Specialist.
In this role, you will work directly with StraighterLine students helping ensure the have a positive student experience and are successful in meeting their academic goals.
Student interactions occur via phone, chat and support tickets and cover topics ranging from billing and membership inquiries, technical support, academic issues and transcript requests. All interactions should be handled with student goals in mind, with a focus on resolving student issues to put them on a pathway to earn transferable college credit. Student Advisors are expected to understand, navigate, and utilize StraighterLine’s student information systems and how to find documented information relevant to student inquiries efficiently and to find solutions that meet student goals.
Goals of the Position:
- Provide high level of customer service.
- Ensure students are successful in meeting their academic goals.
- Ensure students have a positive experience with StraighterLine.
To accomplish these goals, the best candidates will be able to:
- Work in a call center/performance driven environment.
- Field incoming interactions via phone, chat, email and ticketing from students.
- Actively listen to student concerns and challenges in order to efficiently identify solutions.
- Follow documented processes and procedures when working to solve problems.
- Meet and/or exceed performance metrics designed to ensure call and adherence goals are achieved.
- Have experience working with multiple software platform to perform job function.
- Field incoming phone, email, and chat questions from prospective students.
- Maintain a full knowledge of all partnerships, programs and marketing material to provide on-demand answers and support to all student inquiries.
- Build a rapport and provide assistance to students in course selection in accordance with partner college requirements and specified degree program.
- Provide a positive and seamless student experience.
- Work collaboratively in a team environment.
Required Skills, Education & Experience
- Minimum 3-5 years of call center, customer service, or sales experience
- Prior online education experience preferred
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Love of working directly with customers via phone, chat, and email
- Must be extremely patient and an active listener
- Detail-oriented Goal-driven
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Ability to complete tasks with a high degree of attention to detail while handling frequent interruptions
- Adapt quickly to change
- Positive disposition to ensure pleasant experience with employees throughout the day
- Some college experience required, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Candidates are required to submit a detailed cover letter with resume.
Recognized by Fast Company as one of the “10 Most Innovative Companies in Education,” the New York Times, Inside Higher Ed and more, StraighterLine's innovative courses and relationships with colleges makes higher education affordable again. StraighterLine is backed by leading venture capital firms like FirstMark Capital -- a New YorkCity-based venture capital firm with a history of successful investments in online, consumer-focused and education businesses -- Chrysalis Ventures, and three of the best known education-focused investors City Light Capital, ReThink Education and New Market Ventures.