StraighterLine.com, an innovative online education product that delivers college level courses for credit and prepares students for enrolling into degree programs, is looking for a motivated, tech-savvy leader to manage and lead our online writing program.
- Manage and oversee all aspects of qualitative grading at StraighterLine, including,
- Maintaining quality through recruiting, hiring and training practices
- Creating and improving efficiency of qualitative grading for English Composition and other writing courses
- Managing the grading queue to ensure the smallest possible backlog
- Ensuring that all academic policies are enforced for all student qualitative submissions
- Working cross-functionally to improve operations for qualitative evaluation with our student support and tech/development teams
- Proactively evaluating demand to ensure consistent student experience
- Coordinating regular norming sessions with all current evaluation staff
- As necessary, directly evaluating student submissions
- Use data to project growth, identify areas for improvement, and Reporting and verifying monthly totals and providing tallies to the comptroller to ensure evaluators are paid on time
Desired Skills & Experience
- Candidates should have an advanced degree (Ph.D preferred) with academic focus in English, or other applicable field
- 3+ years working in higher education or higher education support services
- 3+ years college-level online or face to face facilitation, experience facilitating English Composition or in an online writing labs a plus
- Experience creating and improving assessments, both quantitative and qualitative, which effectively measure student learning
- Experience recruiting, interviewing, and hiring staff, creating and implementing training programs, and providing feedback to support staff
- Demonstrated ability to solve difficult problems and improve operational efficiency through collaboration, workflow optimization, or policy changes.
- Ability to work autonomously, be a self-starter, and dedicated to completing daily activities thoroughly and consistently
- Intermediate level computer skills (working with web-based learning management and content management, customer relationship management, or student information systems), Microsoft Suite, Google Apps, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to provide constructive feedback to staff and students in a professional and timely manner
- Comfortable working with numbers, making projections, and communicating applicable information to internal staff
This position is salaried, full-time, and regularly based in Federal Hill, Baltimore, MD. To apply please include your resume and a cover letter.
StraighterLine is a student success company and the category creator for providing scalable solutions to deliver affordable, effective and accelerated learning pathways to formal degree programs and widely recognized industry credentials. The StraighterLine platform supports over 35,000 new students a year, including directly through the straighterline.com website as well as through the company's growing network of university and employer relationships. Visit https://www.straighterline.com or https://partners.straighterline.com for more information.