At StraighterLine we are on a mission to help students succeed!
StraighterLine is the leading provider of high-quality, affordable, online courses that help learners earn college credit and meet their professional goals. Each year, 150,000 learners take one of StraighterLine’s 215 courses to upskill into new careers or earn credit from over 2,000 colleges and universities worldwide. StraighterLine works with institutions and corporate partners to provide their students and employees with flexible education options that allow them to work and learn at their own pace. Visit www.straighterline.com for more information.
Working at StraighterLine
StraighterLine team members work every day knowing that they are helping learners on their path to employability and career success. We're an inclusive team that fosters collaboration, that trusts and communicates openly. Like our students, we are lifelong learners and strive for excellence in our work. We are committed to bringing innovative solutions to the field - your ideas will never go unheard. And, best of all, we love to celebrate each other's contributions and wins.
We also know how important a life outside of work is, and the support that employers can contribute.
See the end of this posting to learn more about our great benefits.
We are seeking a highly motivated and skilled Product Manager to lead product planning and execution throughout the product life cycle, defining the product roadmap, and working closely with technology, sales, marketing, and support to ensure revenue and student satisfaction goals are met. The Product Manager ensures the product supports the company’s overall strategy and goals.
While this is a mostly remote role - we like to bring people together in person from time to time.
We are looking for candidates based in the Washington DC/Baltimore metro area who are able to come into our Arlington, VA office once or twice a month. The target start date for the position is January.
- Product Roadmap: Define and articulate the product roadmap in line with the product strategy and company’s goals and user needs. Keep abreast of educational trends and technological advancements to ensure our products remain at the forefront of the industry.
- User-Centric Design: Work closely with UX/UI designers to create intuitive and engaging user interfaces. Ensure products meet the needs of a diverse user base, including students, educators, and administrators.
- Feature Development: Prioritize and define product features and requirements, creating detailed product roadmaps and timelines. Collaborate with engineering teams to ensure timely and high-quality product releases.
- Data-Driven Decision Making: Utilize data analytics to inform product decisions and improvements, ensuring our products effectively meet the educational needs and enhance learning outcomes.
- Stakeholder Collaboration: Act as a liaison between various stakeholders including customers, development teams, sales, marketing, and customer support. Ensure alignment across all teams and effective communication of product vision.
- Market Analysis: Conduct competitive analysis and market research to understand market trends and identify opportunities for innovation and growth.
- Feedback and Iteration: Implement mechanisms to gather user feedback. Use insights to iterate and improve products continuously.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (Education, Business, Technology, etc.); Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in product management, preferably in the educational technology sector.
- Strong understanding of the latest educational technology trends and challenges.
- Proven ability to manage complex product development cycles and work with cross-functional teams.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with agile development methodologies.
Unlimited PTO, 13 public holidays
Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Coverage (*two options fully funded)
401K Safe Harbor plan: 3% of your total salary whether you contribute or not
Six weeks paid parental leave
Free courses for you and your family members