Qualitative Markers/Graders and Subject Matter Experts
StraighterLine.com, an innovative platform for college level course delivery is seeking professors and subject matter experts (SME) in the following content areas:
English Composition (Developmental, Composition I and II)
Spanish I and II
Anatomy & Physiology
Health and Exercise Sciences
Candidates should have an advanced degree (Masters or above) in their subject area and have experience facilitating or teaching the course content areas in question.
Scope of Work
- Qualified individuals will work with StraighterLine on two types of projects.
- Training period
- Regular norming sessions
- Collegial feedback with StraighterLine staff
- Efficient Rubric-based marketing system
- Reviewing student submitted work (essays, projects, short answer questions, etc.)
- Exam item development
- Review/correction of test bank questions.
- Mapping of identified open educational resources to the course content and text
- Mapping of free/open textbooks (as an alternative to the proprietary text(s) already mapped to the course content
- Revision and update of exams
- Review of lesson materials to identify gaps in content, errors in content, broken links and/or bugs
- Development of alternative course formats
- Identification , deployment and evaluation of new features
- Creation of rubrics for final examinations (if applicable)
- SMEs will be engaged on a weekly basis as required with SL staff to identify deliverables and coordinate changes
Ongoing evaluation of student work:
Short contract course improvement projects:
StraighterLine offers contract-based projects with flexible hours. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.