Qualitative Markers/Graders and Subject Matter Experts
StraighterLine Future Opportunities
StraighterLine.com, an innovative platform for college level course delivery is seeking professors and subject matter experts (SME) in the following content areas:
English Composition (Developmental, Composition I and II)
Spanish I and II
Anatomy & Physiology
Health and Exercise Sciences
IT Certificate Exam Prep Course Development & Support: CompTIA Microsoft
Candidates should have an advanced degree (Masters or above) in their subject area and have experience facilitating or teaching the course content areas in question.
Scope of Work
- Qualified individuals will work with StraighterLine on two types of projects.
- Training period
- Regular norming sessions
- Collegial feedback with StraighterLine staff
- Efficient Rubric-based marketing system
- Reviewing student submitted work (essays, projects, short answer questions, etc.)
- Exam item development
- Review/correction of test bank questions.
- Mapping of identified open educational resources to the course content and text
- Mapping of free/open textbooks (as an alternative to the proprietary text(s) already mapped to the course content
- Revision and update of exams
- Review of lesson materials to identify gaps in content, errors in content, broken links and/or bugs
- Development of alternative course formats
- Identification , deployment and evaluation of new features
- Creation of rubrics for final examinations (if applicable)
- SMEs will be engaged on a weekly basis as required with SL staff to identify deliverables and coordinate changes
Ongoing evaluation of student work:
Short contract course improvement projects:
StraighterLine offers contract-based projects with flexible hours. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.