Academic Services Manager
StraighterLine.com, an innovative online education product that delivers college level courses for credit and prepares students for enrolling into degree programs, is looking for a motivated, tech-savvy leader to drive and develop our industry-leading qualitative assessment program by recruiting, hiring, onboarding, and working with our growing team of evaluators, faculty, and subject matter experts.
- Ensure quality of StraighterLine faculty, and oversee the faculty recruitment, hiring, and training process
- Manage and ensure the efficient operation of StraighterLine's industry-leading college-level writing program
- Adapt, develop, and recommend academic policies that prepare students for transfer to accredited institutions
- Ensure that courses continue to receive ACE CREDIT recommendation and coordinate with ACE staff to schedule and execute regular course reviews
- Apply expertise in curriculum and instructional practices to existing StraighterLine courses in order to increase student completion and satisfaction
- Stay current with online educational industry trends to ensure StraighterLine courses remain competitive and best-in-class
- Additional duties as required, including student correspondence and technical course support as necessary
Desired Skills & Experience
- Candidates should have an advanced degree (Ph.D preferred) and experience in online curriculum development and assessment
- 3+ years working in higher education or higher education support services
- 3+ years college-level online or face-to-face instruction
- Experience recruiting, interviewing, and hiring staff
- Demonstrated ability to solve difficult problems and improve operational efficiency through collaboration, workflow optimization, or policy changes.
- Ability to work autonomously, be a self-starter, and dedicated to completing daily activities thoroughly and consistently
- Intermediate level computer skills (working with web-based learning management and content management, customer relationship management, or student information systems), Microsoft Suite, Google Apps, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to provide constructive feedback to staff and students in a professional and timely manner
- Comfortable working with numbers, making projections, and communicating applicable information to internal staff
This position is salaried, full-time, and based in Federal Hill, Baltimore, MD.
Recognized by Fast Company as one of the “10 Most Innovative Companies in Education,” the New York Times, Inside Higher Ed and more, StraighterLine's innovative courses and relationships with colleges makes higher education affordable again. StraighterLine is backed by leading venture capital firms like FirstMark Capital-- a New York City-based venture capital firm with a history of successful investments in online, consumer-focused and education businesses -- Chrysalis Ventures, and three of the best known education-focused investors City Light Capital, ReThink Education and New Market Ventures.