Senior Product Manager
StraighterLine is an innovative online educational platform that helps solves the #1 issue facing students today – the skyrocketing cost of college.
Do you want to build products that drive the direction and future of education? Do you want to pave the way and know you are fundamentally changing people’s lives? Do you want to join a vibrant team that is passionate about their mission?
Did you answer yes to the above questions? Are you ready for a unique challenge? Then this is the job for you!
Our ideal candidate will form insights and find innovative ways to interact with our students, translate ideas into product designs, and harness the passion and energy of teams across the company to bring these designs into the world. We are looking for a proven candidate who will strongly contribute to the vision and roadmap.
Responsibilities include collection of business and systems requirements, writing specifications, working from design to realization.
Key objectives for this role include:
- Start with the customer and work backwards to identify and define features.
- Innovate and develop delightful products that solve problems for StraighterLine customers.
- Create actionable business requirements, user stories, functional specs, workflows and incorporate feedback from stakeholders.
- Delivery of new product lines and feature enhancements.
- Be a product expert
- Perform product demos to customers
- Ability to take and define customer requirements
- Related Bachelor’s degree and product management experience, delivering customer-facing products/service using an agile process.
- Experience being a core member of product or program teams
- Minimum of 2+ years product management experience in a cloud/SAAS based internet business.
- Market and customer analysis skills with demonstrated willingness and capability to learn new areas quickly
- Demonstrated ability to formulate data-driven decisions that lead to results.
- Demonstrated ability to conceptualize, manage, and prioritize multiple products.
- Experience in online learning, adult learning, LMS based courseware and/or academic environment is highly desired but not required.
- Demonstrated success launching excellent products
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Proven ability to influence cross functional teams without formal authority