Senior Cyber Security Engineer
StraighterLine is an innovative online educational platform that helps solves the #1 issue facing students today – the skyrocketing cost of college.
Do you want to be a part of a company that drive the direction and future of education? Do you want to pave the way and know you are fundamentally changing people’s lives? Do you want to join a vibrant team that is passionate about their mission?
Did you answer yes to the above questions? Are you ready for a unique challenge? Then this is the job for you!
Our ideal candidate will safeguard information/product system assets by identifying and solving potential and actual security problems.
Key objectives for this role include:
- Protects systems by defining access privileges, control structures, and resources.
- Recognizes problems by identifying abnormalities; reporting violations.
- Implements security improvements by assessing current situation; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
- Determines security violations and inefficiencies by conducting periodic audits.
- Upgrades system by implementing and maintaining security controls.
- Keeps users informed by preparing performance reports; communicating system status.
- Maintains quality service by following organization standards.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing publications.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent education or work experience
- 4+ years of prior relevant experience
- Advanced certifications such as SANS GIAC/GCIA/GCIH, CISSP or CASP and/or SIEM-specific training and certification
- Advanced understanding of TCP/IP, common networking ports and protocols, traffic flow, system administration, OSI model, defense-in-depth and common security elements.
- Hands-on experience analyzing high volumes of logs, network data and other attack artifacts in support of incident investigations
- Experience with vulnerability scanning solutions
- Proficiency with any of the following: Anti-Virus, HIPS, ID/PS, Full Packet Capture, Host-Based Forensics, Network Forensics, and RSA Security
- In-depth knowledge of architecture, engineering, and operations of at least one enterprise SIEM platform
- Experience developing and deploying signatures .
- Understanding of technology and OS (i.e. Android, iOS, Windows and Unix).
- Experience with CCPA, PCI, SOC 2 compliance
- System administration
- Network security
- Problem solving
- Information security policies
- On-call network troubleshooting
- Firewall administration
- Network protocols
- Routers, hubs, and switches
- Informing others
- Process improvement