Fund Accounting Internship - Spring and Summer 2021
Dallas, Texas /
Private Equity /
STRAIT is growing and looking for an Fund Accountant Intern to join our team of professionals. This person will work with hedge funds, private equity funds, venture capital, and even some family offices.
Are you hardworking, highly conscientious, and work well in a fast-paced environment? Do you consider yourself a perfectionist that excels at managing a process or enjoy checking items off of your to-do list? Do you get satisfaction for accomplishing high detailed work?
We take great pride in hiring only the best professionals and giving them the keys to build something great. We value and recognize individual contributions and welcome ideas that push the envelope to make our company and services superior. If you pride yourself on perfecting processes and executing quality work with integrity, we’d like to meet.
- Performing daily accounting duties including tracking positions/securities, researching and reconciling discrepancies between accounting systems and trade entry systems
- Pricing the fund portfolios and calculating fund NAVs
- Analyzing fund performance on a daily and monthly basis
- Posting general ledger entries and performing all monthly close duties including preparing financial statements
- Working with various products including equities, bonds, swaps, options, and futures
- Recording investments for private equity firms
- Perform quality control to ensure accuracy of all financials
- Liaise with clients’ service providers, including tax and audit firms
- Perform ad-hoc tasks as needed
- Pursuing Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Accounting
- CPA eligible preferred
SPECIALIZED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 0-2 years of accounting experience
- Exceptional Excel Skills
- Proficiency in Windows based software including Microsoft Office
- Detail oriented and highly analytical
- Frequent and clear communication, both written and oral
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
PERKS AND BENEFITS (INCLUDING FULL TIME BENEFITS)
- Annual tuition reimbursement
- Bonus upon passing the CPA or bar exam
- 401(k) Plan with matching
- Full health benefits
- Complimentary on-site gym access with showers and full amenities
- Work remotely one day per week
- New Hire Buddy Program
- Team trips and outings
- New hire PTO – 20 + 1 “You” Day
- 12 hours PTO for community service
- 10.5 paid holidays per year
- Paid parental leave
- Adoption Assistance Program
- Employee-led committees
- Commuter cost benefits
- Ongoing training – cross departmental, leadership, etc.
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Program to assist with wellness, stress management, emotional distress, etc.
- Walkability to Whole Foods, restaurants, shopping, NorthPark Mall and DART
- Ongoing learning opportunities via STRAIT University, Lynda.com, events and Amazon eBooks
- 100% STRAIT-paid Life, Personal Accident, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Discounts on stores, services, products and tickets
- Complimentary parking
- Professional development:
- Quarterly Book Club (features leadership topics designed to expedite and support professional growth and development)
- Opportunities to participate in external leadership programs (i.e. Stagen – https://stagen.com/)
- Technical training (i.e. FIS Expert Led Training)
- Industry training and speakers
- Continued education support
- Annual meetings with Managing Partner to discuss individual career advancement plans
- Quarterly executive breakfasts
- Proficiency Matrix detailing expectations at every level of the career path
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk, hear, taste and smell.
STRAIT is a professional services firm offering comprehensive accounting solutions for hedge funds, private equity firms, family offices and management companies. Services include full fund administration, compliance services, middle office operations, CFO suite services, investor services, and performance and risk reporting. Headquartered in Dallas, TX, STRAIT has clients nationwide and is backed by an industry leading team of CPAs, CFAs, JDs, and MBAs – no bookkeepers and no paraprofessionals.