Senior Backend Engineer
CET +/- 4h /
Engineering 🧙♀️ /
In the digital age, content rules.
More people are now involved in creating and distributing content, than ever before. We have all become the media, the media has been marginalized and brands are now broadcasters.
Everyone has a story to tell or something to sell. A need to create and connect, post and publish, showcase and share.
So, say hello to Strapi! We exist to fuel the world’s creativity and productivity by unleashing the power of content.
Beyond a headless CMS, we are building an open composable content platform. Infinite customization capabilities, the largest open-source community, and a broad open ecosystem.
🙏🏾 Why your role is important at Strapi
As a product-driven company developing open-source software, we are looking for a strong and open-minded backend engineer to join the core team. Someone who can take a step back, see the whole picture of architecture. Values such as humility, transparency, and being eager to learn are deeply required to enjoy this role.
We are building software used by thousands of developers and users around the world. Every choice made by the core team impacts tens of thousands of businesses and developers. Our active community of contributors is very involved in helping us build a great product and acts as mentors to help us become better developers.
As an engineer developing a tool for developers you will be involved in the design and product process to find the best solution for our users. Your main focus will be to improve our product and help us drive our roadmap forward. You will contribute to every aspect of the development lifecycle from technical design to implementation and maintenance, always keeping our users in mind. We do a lot of code reviews, pair-programming sessions, and workshops to learn from each other.
This role is fully remote, CET +/- 4h.
📋 What will my job look like on a daily basis?
- Contribute to define new core designs (internal APIs, framework architecture…).
- Develop and release new features to the users.
- Find solutions to solve users' issues.
- Review and help the community contributors.
- Make Strapi more stable and robust by writing effective code and testing it.
- Collaborate with Front-end Developers and Product Managers in all phases of product development.
💙 About you:
- Requirement: Within +/- 4 hours from CET timezone.
- Requirement: Fluent English.
- Requirement: +5 years of experience in back-end development.
- Strong experience with REST and testing tools.
- Good knowledge of software design principles.
- In-depth understanding and experience of relational databases.
- Good knowledge of traditional and headless CMS ecosystem.
- Team player and focused on user success.
- Open-source enthusiastic.
- Bonus: Experience with GraphQL.
- Bonus: You love Design Patterns and UML.
- Bonus: Professional experience with a CMS (Built applications/websites using a well-known CMS).
Note: you don’t need to check all the boxes to apply 🙏
👾Strapi benefits mindset:
- Work from anywhere: We're a remote-first company, so we can work wherever home is. And WiFi.
- Expanded health benefits: Including premium medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- Equity for everyone: We win together. On top of a competitive salary, every Strapier has equity that grows with you in the company.
- Parents on a mission: 16 weeks of fully paid parental leave for every new Strapi parent.
- You'll always be up to date: We’ll cover all hardware and software needed so you’re always with the latest versions.
- Grow as you are: From day one, we provide budget and tools to learn and grow both professionally and personally.
- Bi-annual off sites: We gather physically (when possible) or virtually all together for a week twice a year.
- Mental health support: We offer unlimited Moka.care one-on-one sessions with certified specialists.
- Emergency Days: 5 days a year for difficult and unexpected situations with no need to provide any proof of justification.
💥 Our Talent Acquisition process:
- This process tends to take 2-3 weeks max, but happy to adapt to your specific needs.
- First video call with the Talent Acquisition Team or the hiring Manager
- Technical assessment & Assessment debriefing
- Team meetings (with a few Strapiers)
- References check
- Values assessment
At any moment, the process can stop, and the team will be happy to give you a call to share their feedback or get into more details.
🎉 Celebrating You being YOU!
Strapi's mission is to empower the worldwide community of users to build a million tailor-made projects. To do that, we are growing a diverse team representative of the users we serve. We are committed to building a safe workplace where everyone feels empowered to bring their authentic selves. By being you and bringing your unique difference, perspective, culture, experience, lifestyle, and challenge, you actually help all of us succeed and grow to be the best version of ourselves!
It is important to us to create an accessible and inclusive candidate experience. Please let us know if there are any adjustments we can make to assist you during the hiring and interview process.
📖 Want to learn more about us?