Sales Development Representative
Sales & Success
As a Sales Development Representative at Street Contxt, you will serve on the front line of our sales efforts. You're passionate about setting yourself up for a successful career in technology sales, and customer success, by jumping in at the ground floor as we build our Sales and Success teams. You're inspired by the prospect of growing into a key member of a sales team committed to making a big impact in the institutional finance space.
You’re a superb communicator, able to establish credibility and rapport quickly. You will be the first Street Contxt team member our prospective clients come in contact with, and it's up to you to develop the relationship through phone calls and email exchanges. This role will see you owning the lead generation process inclusive of prospecting, building and qualifying lead lists, pitching new clients on the Street Contxt solution and producing Sales Qualified Leads for our sales team.
You will become an expert at using the latest lead generation tools and pitching software as a service (SaaS) products. You will become a master of identifying high potential leads, employing the best in class sales methodologies, cold-calling, cold-emailing and maintaining insightful lead interactions in Salesforce. Joining our culture of life-long learning means you will be constantly keeping up to date on sales and customer experience best practices. Success as a Sales Development Representative also means that you will learn about the technology underpinning of our platform, and challenges affecting our customers.
Being so connected to our prospective customers also means your feedback from client interactions will be integrated into our product development prioritization efforts. Our Engineering team is eager to hear how new products, features, and improvements to existing features are affecting our users and your ability to win business. Joining our team means you’ll get a crash-course on what life is like at a high-growth, fast paced startup. This is your opportunity to grow with Street Contxt as we continue to cement our platform in the day-to-day business of every trading floor.
- You are an excellent communicator with exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills
- You have an obsession with modern sales focused on customer success
- You are naturally predisposed to entrepreneurism
- You have an unrelenting desire to learn and improve
- You are able to work well independently and in close-knit teams
- You have a basic understanding of sales management tools
- You have previously held client facing positions in customer service, sales, or sales operations
It's a bonus if
- You’ve worked on a trading floor or have experience working with capital markets, specifically in research, sales, or trading
- You've worked in a startup focused on enterprise software
- You're experienced with Salesforce or another comparable Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system
You can expect
- To be included, encouraged, engaged, heard, and recognized for your effort
- To make a constant and direct impact on: our platform, our processes, our users, and our team
- To always be clear on where the company is headed and how it’s going to get there
- To hustle and work hard doing things that you love, while knowing that Street Contxt is full of fun-loving, game-playing maniacs who also know when and how to recharge
- The truth in everything you read in this posting and on our website; because we do what we say we do
Street Contxt is reinventing client coverage in capital markets. Street Contxt enables sell side brokerages and independent research firms to efficiently and profitably cover clients from every value segment. This is done by leveraging proprietary, smart data technology and machine learning to match the right client with the right content and resources in order to eliminate overload, improve engagement and client experience, and increase cost-effectiveness. Designed with rigorous cybersecurity measures and a customizable user experience, Street Contxt integrates seamlessly with a firm's existing software and systems. Street Contxt brings transparency, accountability, scale, and profitability to institutional client coverage, allowing firms to scale and stay ahead of changing regulations.
Contributing to the growth of a game-changing product gets our team fired up! We take ownership of our projects and work together to foster a fun and transparent environment. Our days are spent thinking through complex scenarios and tackling major challenges using innovative technology. We’re agile in our process and responsive to the market, seeking to fundamentally improve an institutional industry. We are a team of experts, joined by outstanding advisors and world-class investors, on a quest to build a superior product and a top-notch company. With our HQ in the heart of Toronto, we work, play, and win as a team. We enjoy spending time with one another and celebrate our accomplishments together.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you see an opportunity for yourself with us, apply now to continue the conversation and learn more about how you can become part of Street Contxt.