Technical Lead, Integrations
Joining the Engineering Team at Street Contxt means having a direct and profound impact on our business, the team surrounding you, and the customers who depend on our technology as a cornerstone of their daily workflow. Our team is tight-knit, mighty, and growing; with a track record of outsized tenures and overcoming challenges. We place a premium on our teams' understanding of where we're going, why we're going there, and how the work impacts our mission.
As a Technical Lead at Street Contxt you will lead our enterprise integrations efforts, a major strategic priority for our team. The team will look to you for leadership in the delivery of high-performance REST APIs, the performance tuning of databases and queries, and collaboration with external technical teams at the world’s largest investment banks. The team will also look to you for technical mentorship and to keep abreast of best practices, emerging technologies, industry trends and to champion their adoption.
We take a pragmatic approach to agile. Our developers are involved at every stage of the SDLC, from inception to prioritization, design and coding, automating builds and tests, release management, feature flagging and ongoing site reliability engineering. We take ownership, initiative and pride in our work and support one another’s professional growth and pursuit of technical excellence.
Our system is composed of a retreating monolith surrounded by a growing collection of microservices. We use Java, Scala, Akka Streams, jOOQ, React, NodeJS, PostgreSQL, Redis, Docker, AWS, Github, and CircleCI. We’re less fussed about how long you’ve been working with these particular technologies and more interested in your knowledge and perspective about them. If tech is more of a passion than a pastime, we are confident you’ll quickly learn what you don’t know about our stack.
What’s most important is that you love your work, respect the team and don’t lose your sense of humour along the way.
- You have 5+ years of experience in software development focusing on high-quality, high-performance REST APIs backed by a SQL database (ideally PostgreSQL)
- You have 2+ years of experience in a technical leadership role
- You have the confidence, communication, and time management skills to lead the build-out of enterprise integrations in collaboration with external technical teams
- You have a strong interest in data-driven scalability engineering
- You thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, agile software development environment with fully automated testing and frequent releases
- You are confident that you can excel working in the Java/Scala web development ecosystem
- You have a proven track record of taking ownership and delivering exceptional results with minimal oversight and supervision
It’s a bonus if
- You are intimately familiar with our tech stack
- You have worked directly in Capital Markets and/or at a SaaS startup
You can expect
- To be included, encouraged, engaged, heard, and recognized for your effort
- To make a constant and direct impact on: our platform, our processes, our users, and our team
- To love your work and its challenges, but also know the company respects your downtime too
- To always be clear on where the company is headed and how it’s going to get there
- The truth in everything you read in this posting and on our website; because we do what we say we do
Street Contxt is on a mission to build more efficient capital markets. We're developing technology that provides highly scalable sources of customer insights for investment banks, brokerages, and independent research providers. We provide our customers with insights that enable them to pinpoint revenue opportunities, build client intel, and anticipate the needs of the market.
We take ownership of our projects and work together to foster a fun and transparent environment. Our days are spent thinking through complex scenarios and tackling major challenges using innovative technology. We’re agile in our process and responsive to the market, seeking to fundamentally improve an institutional industry. We are a team of experts, joined by outstanding advisors and world-class investors, on a quest to build a superior product and a top-notch company. We work, play, and win as a team. We enjoy spending time with one another and celebrate our accomplishments together.
If you see an opportunity for yourself with us, apply now to continue the conversation and learn more about how you can become part of Street Contxt.
Street Contxt is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, colour, race, citizenship, ethnic origin, place of origin, creed, disability, family status, marital status, gender identity and gender expression, receipt of public assistance, record of offences, sex or sexual orientation.
To that end, Street Contxt is committed to making our recruitment processes as accessible as possible including providing accommodations during the recruitment and hiring process as required. Upon request, Street Contxt will consult with applicants to provide or arrange for suitable accommodation.