Director, Public Sector Sales, North Central
Sales – Gov Sales /
StreetLight pioneered the use of Big Data analytics to shed light on how people, goods, and services move, empowering smarter, data-driven transportation decisions. The company applies proprietary machine-learning algorithms and data processing resources to measure travel patterns of vehicles, bicycles and pedestrians that enable complex transportation problem solving using analytics available on SaaS platform, StreetLight InSight®. Acquired by Jacobs as a subsidiary in February 2022, StreetLight continues to provide innovative digital solutions to help communities reduce congestion, improve safe and equitable transportation, and maximize the positive impact of infrastructure investment.
As a member of our Public Sector Sales team, you will help communities become smart, sustainable Cities. You can become a leader in the transition to data-driven planning.
As a member of our Public Sector Sales team, you can become part of the smart energy technology solution while becoming a leader in our forward-thinking data driven organization. Our clients are on the cusp of adopting Big Data solutions at scale, and we are one of the first companies to enter this high-potential industry. That means we need savvy, sophisticated sales professionals who can close complex deals and deliver value.
Streetlight Data is seeking a Public Sector Regional Sales Director to join our team, selling enterprise SaaS and related mobility data offerings. The Public Sector Regional Sales Director will develop and expand relationships with key transportation agencies at the State and Local level.
The Public Sector Regional Sales Director is a strategic hunter with a proven track record of successfully achieving and surpassing quota goals and has demonstrated success at prospecting in order to identify, develop and close new, high-value opportunities. Previous experience selling to engineering, construction, transportation, government agencies, and/or architecture is a plus.
Location is remote, but it is desired that the candidate reside in one of the following states: MI, WI, IL, MN, IA, ND, SD and NE.
- Develop comprehensive strategic account plans and drive the execution of selling strategies to grow revenue while forming strong consultative relationships with prospects and customers.
- Design and execute account plans to surpass goals and revenue targets.
- Drive sales to new customers and expand existing relationships through annual and multi-year contracts and value-added solutions in your assigned territory.
- Keep up-to-date with market trends and new developments and utilize this information for business development and improvement.
- Manage and surpass revenue goals in your assigned territory and accounts.
- Strong prospecting skills and experience working with tools such as LinkedIn, Outreach, Hubspot and Salesforce.com .
- Generate and conduct ongoing meetings, demos and events with key customer decision-makers with the goal of uncovering and closing new opportunities.
- Attend relevant industry trade shows to identify new prospective customers, and promptly follow up on leads from various sources.
- Consistently maintain sales opportunity and customer status information in StreetLight Data’s customer relationship management (CRM) system.
- Consistently perform data hygiene on existing records in CRM to reflect current status and add new prospects.
- Provide accurate and timely weekly, monthly, and quarterly sales forecasts in your specified territory.
- Process customer transactions such as orders, quotes, and sales contracts accurately and on a timely basis.
- Interface with other functional groups, project teams and internal stakeholders to effectively resolve issues and remove barriers toward the goal of achieving assigned quotas.
- Provide regular updates to management, operations and support staff concerning account issues and financial status.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of business, marketing or engineering.
- 10 + years of experience in complex sales to customers in a recognized technology industry, transportation, urban planning, or architectural-related field.
- Experience selling to and working with public sector agencies (preferably state and local agencies) is highly desirable.
- Proven over-achievement with responsibility for a multimillion-dollar quota.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills. Must be fluent in English.
- Self-starter; able to learn and adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to effectively communicate StreetLight’s unique value proposition (and adjust the message as needed) to different groups within an organization.
- Strong presentation skills, comfortable presenting to senior executive management and large audiences.
- Strong financial skills and experience in creating new business opportunities.
- Critical thinking skills and the ability to influence and manage multiple priorities are essential.
- Team-oriented, flexible, and able to see the “big picture” - because our entire team must meet our goals for StreetLight Data to be successful.
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 50% or as needed to achieve objectives.
Jacobs’ health and welfare benefits are designed to invest in you and in the things you care about. Your health. Your well-being. Your security. Your future. Eligible employees and their dependents may elect medical, dental, vision, and basic life insurance. Employees are able to enroll in our company’s 401k plan, and, if eligible, a deferred compensation plan and Executive Deferral Plan. Employees will also receive 17 days of vacation per year (in the US), seven paid holidays, plus floating holidays and caregiver leave. Hired applicants will be able to purchase company stock and have the opportunity to receive a performance discretionary bonus.
The salary range for this position is $230,000 to $250,000 (with OTE). This range reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations (remote). Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
StreetLight Data is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. StreetLight provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.