Product Support Engineer
Vancouver, BC /
Customer Care – Support /
StreetLight Data, the pioneer in Big Data for mobility, is revolutionizing transportation and urban planning to help the world better deploy infrastructure and adapt to new forms of mobility. From legacy systems to ride sharing and bike sharing to autonomous vehicles, our platform powers 6,000+ mobility projects every month for government and private clients, and we're just getting started.
StreetLight Data is seeking a Product Support Engineer to help our customers solve transportation problems using StreetLight InSight®, our online platform, and understand the applications of Big Data in mobility. This team member will work closely with planners, modelers, engineers, and private mobility companies to help them put Big Data to work for transportation.
Join us for an opportunity to be a part of our dynamic and fast-paced Support Team. Work day-to-day with our engineers, sales team, and data scientists to ensure a smooth customer experience from day one on the platform through becoming advanced users.
In addition to providing comprehensive support, documentation, and training to our customers, the Product Support Engineer will possess an in-depth and detailed knowledge of our product, data, and metrics. This team member will develop new materials and best practices that ensure our customers use StreetLight InSight to its maximum potential.
This position reports to the Director, Support and is based in our Vancouver, BC office. We are currently asking all employees to work remotely during COVID for employee safety but plan to eventually return to working from offices post-COVID. Therefore, we can be somewhat flexible on current geographic location until we return to offices.
- Provide first-level and escalated technical support for users of the StreetLight InSight platform
- Manage a high volume of inbound requests in a timely and organized manner; improve processes to handle support requests
- Create and maintain support content and FAQs as well as moderate our community forum including developing clear tutorials and training videos
- Run regular office hours for users and support client training initiatives as needed
- Work collaboratively with Sales, Engineering, and Product Management, to make StreetLight InSight as easy-to-use as possible
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in a technical discipline such as Transportation, Urban Planning, or Engineering. MS degree in a similar field is a plus.
- One or more years of experience in a customer-facing role required. Technical support of customers using a software application is a plus. Successful candidates will take pride in helping others learn and making a customer’s experience a positive one.
- Experience working in transportation engineering/consulting, transportation agencies, or urban planning is strongly preferred.
- Excellent written as well as verbal communication skills - this job requires writing technical guides to inform product users and regular communication with customers via email and phone.
- Programming or API implementation experience is a big plus.
- Quick learner with problem-solving abilities and a strong understanding of user needs.
- One or more years of experience with Excel, and comfortable working with data, identifying patterns and data manipulation.
- Be extremely organized and able to follow and design processes.
- Experience with geospatial tools (such as QGIS or ArcGIS) and statistics are a plus.
- Experience in customer services and deliverables is a plus.
- Occasional travel to other StreetLight Data and customer offices required.
StreetLight Data is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. StreetLight Data provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.