Android Mobile Developer
We help people who work for themselves save time and money on things like insurance and taxes by providing simple, easy to use software, tools and services. The world’s largest work-for-yourself platforms like Uber, Etsy, Airbnb, Instacart, Postmates, Rover, TaskRabbit, Care.com, and others use Stride to help recruit, retain and motivate their communities of independent workers.
We're located in the heart of San Francisco's South Park district and we’re backed by leading investment firms including Venrock, New Enterprise Associates, and F-Prime Capital Partners.
Come help us take the work out of working for yourself!
The Stride team is on the lookout for a smart, motivated individual to help develop new features for our Android app Stride Tax. Your job? Make sure we continue to ship features and scale the app to tens of thousands of users and be an advocate for best practices in Android coding across the company.
- Evolve and expand Android and mobile at Stride
- Advance stability, testing, continuous build / integration, and general good practices for Android within the company
- Maintain and extend the visual feature set of the Stride Tax app
- Collaborate with product managers and designers to implement new features
- Work with multiple engineering and non engineering teams within the company on cross-functional efforts
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science (or software engineering related discipline)
- Some internship, personal project, or full-time mobile development experience
- A strong understanding for computer science fundamentals and excitement to work on a fast-paced, collaborative team
- Experience programming in Java with ReactiveX
- Experience working with RESTful APIs
- Experience working with an RDBMS and SQL
- Experience managing project builds and dependencies using gradle
- Experience developing apps using Android Studio and the core Android SDK
- At least one active app on the Play Store
- Experience building and maintaining a consumer app with at least 5k daily active users
- Above all, you are constantly learning and growing inside and outside of the workplace
Nice to have
- Experience with the MVP pattern as it pertains to Android
- Experience with dependency injection using Dagger2
- Experience managing thread and process concerns as related to Android
- Experience unit testing with JUnit and UI testing with Espresso
- Experience using a continuous integration tool such as Travis CI
- A published gradle library
- Experience with one or more backend technologies
- Experience with API design and architecting network operations
- Experience with consumer finance and tax applications, healthcare, or the self-employed/freelancer industry
At Stride we work hard, sweat the details, and enjoy life away from computer, too. We are a diverse group that celebrates and supports our differences. Our benefits include a competitive salary and equity package, health, dental, and vision plans, a kitchen stocked with healthy (and unhealthy) snacks, a stipend for wellness programs, commuter benefits, flexible vacation time, parental leave, a culture of learning and development, a dog-friendly office environment, and more!