Software Engineering Manager
Stride empowers consumers to make decisions about their health coverage in a way unparalleled by anyone else.
We’re looking for an engineering leader to join us and lead the Marketplace team at Stride. This is an excellent opportunity to join an amazing team of developers working on Healthcare applications. This is a technical leadership role with an equal focus on nurturing and strengthening a team of full stack developers, providing people management, and driving projects to successful, on-time delivery.
Come be part of the team that is enabling consumers to make decisions about their health in a way that's useful and unlike anything they’ve ever experienced before!
- You will be coaching, managing, hiring and mentoring frontend and backend developers.
- You will lead the planning, execution and success of multiple projects working closely with product and business stakeholders, design and other departments.
- Guiding the team to solve complex engineering assignments.
- Instill a spirit of continuous improvement in the teams code, architecture, and processes.
- Help set the engineering agenda through your technical product vision.
- Providing clear, specific goals to the team and communicate performance feedback regularly through regular 1-1 meetings and performance evaluations.
- Promote team consensus and agreement on all major decisions.
Basic Qualifications/ Must-Haves
- Minimum 2 years of experience leading engineering teams including performance management.
- Experience should include code reviews and driving standards.
- Consistent track record of successful project delivery as a project lead.
- Ability to direct and participate in multi-functional delivery of large-scale, complex projects often involving multiple internal and external teams.
- Academic background in computer science or a related field.
We make software that helps the 100+ million people who work for themselves be more productive and successful, giving them economic security to thrive. For the past couple of years we’ve been solving really important problems for them like getting the right health coverage and simplifying their tax bills. Now we’re focused on building the world’s first all-in-one productivity platform designed to help them manage their business and make smart decisions every day.
Our products are integrated into the world’s largest work-for-yourself platforms including Uber, Etsy, TaskRabbit, Postmates, Care.com, and others, and we’re backed by leading investment firms including Venrock, New Enterprise Associates, and F-Prime Capital Partners.
Come help us take the work out of working for yourself!