Insurance Partnerships Associate
We help people who work for themselves save time and money on things like insurance and taxes by providing simple, easy to use software, tools and services. The world’s largest work-for-yourself platforms like Uber, Etsy, Airbnb, Instacart, Postmates, Rover, TaskRabbit, Care.com, and others use Stride to help recruit, retain and motivate their communities of independent workers.
We're located in the heart of San Francisco's South Park district and we’re backed by leading investment firms including Venrock, New Enterprise Associates, and F-Prime Capital Partners.
Come help us take the work out of working for yourself!
About the Role
We’re looking for an Insurance Partnerships Associate to own and manage a portfolio of insurance partnerships, while maintaining a keen eye on opportunities to grow our business and generate efficiencies. The ideal candidate exhibits a constant thirst for learning and enjoys staying up-to-speed on the ever evolving insurance industry. You’re someone who wants to make insurance work for people who work for themselves. You will excel in this role if you enjoy making sense out of ambiguity, can develop mutually beneficial business opportunities with partners, and can cross-functionally manage product, growth and other business objectives across numerous internal and external stakeholders. We’re looking for someone who can wear multiple hats as an advocate for Stride & our members and deepen our insurance expertise.
- Manage and deepen existing & new executive-level insurance relationships by driving ongoing strategy & process improvement and cross-functionally managing operational relationships
- Research, evaluate and help determine new insurance partnerships which support Stride’s members and build business value
- Project manage large initiatives and efforts in coordination with insurance partners & internal teams
- Articulate Stride’s value proposition around platform innovation, member experience, and technology with existing and prospective insurance partners
- Facilitate all insurance partner communication and liaise between insurance partners and internal stakeholders to ensure Stride provides the best product & member experience to our customers
- An interest in navigating the complexities of the insurance industry and developing (sometimes new!) products which build economic security for our members
- Cross-functional project management experience
- Experience developing & managing relationships, both internal & external to a business
- Excellent communications skills, including public speaking & presentation
- Interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively across functional areas at Stride & externally with partners
- Analytical skills－ enough to determine what you need to move partnerships forward
- Comfortable with some travel (up to 20%)
Nice to Have
- Prior experience in the health care, insurance or ancillary / voluntary benefits sectors
- Ability to maintain a strategic mindset while working through the nuts and bolts of operations
- Previous experience in a startup environment
- 2-5 years of project or account management experience
At Stride we work hard, sweat the details, and enjoy life away from computer, too. We are a diverse group that celebrates and supports our differences. Our benefits include a competitive salary and equity package, health, dental, and vision plans, a kitchen stocked with healthy (and unhealthy) snacks, a stipend for wellness programs, commuter benefits, flexible vacation time, parental leave, a culture of learning and development, a dog-friendly office environment, and more!