Sr Software Engineer - Back End
We help people who work for themselves save time and money on things like insurance and taxes by providing simple, easy to use software, tools and services. The world’s largest work-for-yourself platforms like Uber, Etsy, Airbnb, Instacart, Postmates, Rover, TaskRabbit, Care.com, and others use Stride to help recruit, retain and motivate their communities of independent workers.
We're located in the heart of San Francisco's South Park district and we’re backed by leading investment firms including Venrock, New Enterprise Associates, and F-Prime Capital Partners.
Come help us take the work out of working for yourself!
About the Role
We are looking to add someone who can help with the team's vision as we survey our overall technical architecture. We want to bring in a backend engineer who has developed viewpoints on building scalable applications, and draws purpose from making substantial impact on the business.
Your primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You're also going to have the opportunity to help scale out a rapidly growing data platform and other non-relational data stores as backends to customer-facing client applications. As a senior member of the team, you will also be expected to participate in system design discussions and provide thought leadership in the full development lifecycle from concept to production.
Basic Qualifications/ Must-Haves
- Basic Qualifications/ Must-Haves
- 4+ years of professional application development experience and knowledge of what it takes to build and deploy your own application.
- Experience building responsive and cross-browser compatible web applications with a strong UI focus.
- Good understanding of responsive web design best practices and web performance optimization techniques.
- Proficiency in Node.js for backend development is a plus.
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or other Technical Discipline or equivalent professional experience.
At Stride we work hard, sweat the details, and enjoy life away from computer, too. We are a diverse group that celebrates and supports our differences. Our benefits include a competitive salary and equity package, health, dental, and vision plans, a kitchen stocked with healthy (and unhealthy) snacks, a stipend for wellness programs, commuter benefits, flexible vacation time, parental leave, a culture of learning and development, a dog-friendly office environment, and more!