Product Operations Manager
We help people who work for themselves save time and money on things like insurance and taxes by providing simple, easy to use software, tools and services. The world’s largest work-for-yourself platforms like Uber, Etsy, Airbnb, Instacart, Postmates, Rover, TaskRabbit, Care.com, and others use Stride to help recruit, retain and motivate their communities of independent workers.
We're located in the heart of San Francisco's South Park district and we’re backed by leading investment firms including Venrock, New Enterprise Associates, and F-Prime Capital Partners.
Come help us take the work out of working for yourself!
About the Role
We’re looking for a Product Operations Manager to join our Customer Operations team to support and scale up our suite of insurance products. Our team works to make the enrollment experience as seamless as possible, from payments and renewals to making plan changes throughout the year. In this role, you’ll manage (and build!) a team that is responsible for supporting enrollment operations across our insurance marketplace. You’ll collaborate with almost every function in the company as you become Stride’s go-to expert on our marketplace operations. We’re looking for an experienced people manager who is passionate about growing and developing a team, and can serve as a strategic leader to amplify the voice of the Product Operations team.
- Lead the internal team that enrolls individuals in coverage and partner with Product & Engineering teams to improve and automate the member enrollment experience
- Understand – and be able to communicate – operational complexities around our health insurance and ancillary lines of coverage
- Define and execute on the strategy of the Product Operations team
- Lead build-outs and own existing automation tools for internal teams
- Think critically about opportunities to improve the business, from increasing member retention to potential new product launches, through operational improvements and technology investments
- Find solutions to improve the enrollment experience from both internal and member-facing perspectives
Basic Qualifications/ Must-Haves
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in one or more of the following areas: operations, program management, project management, customer support or a related role, including experience leading teams.
- Leadership:You’ll immediately lead a small team of product operations associates and grow from there. You’re an inspirational leader with a genuine brand of charisma and a passion for team-building.
- Willing to roll up your sleeves: You’re ready to get into the weeds when needed, and are willing to learn the detailed ins-and-outs of our operations to improve, build and scale.
- Cross-functional creativity: You have a knack for building relationships with cross-functional stakeholders, and know how to lead projects and ensure that milestones are hit.
- Excellent analytical skills, exceptional emotional intelligence, outstanding communication skills
Desired Characteristics/ Nice-to-Haves
- Experience working in a consumer software startup during a key inflection point
- Insurance industry experience -or- deep knowledge and affinity for the future of work
- Experience with SQL
At Stride we work hard, sweat the details, and enjoy life away from computer, too. We are a diverse group that celebrates and supports our differences. Our benefits include a competitive salary and equity package, health, dental, and vision plans, a kitchen stocked with healthy (and unhealthy) snacks, a stipend for wellness programs, commuter benefits, flexible vacation time, parental leave, a culture of learning and development, a dog-friendly office environment, and more!