Sr Software Engineer - Front End
We help people who work for themselves save time and money on things like insurance and taxes by providing simple, easy to use software, tools and services. The world’s largest work-for-yourself platforms like Uber, Etsy, Airbnb, Instacart, Postmates, Rover, TaskRabbit, Care.com, and others use Stride to help recruit, retain and motivate their communities of independent workers.
We're located in the heart of San Francisco's South Park district and we’re backed by leading investment firms including Venrock, New Enterprise Associates, and F-Prime Capital Partners.
Come help us take the work out of working for yourself!
About the Role
Stride Health seeks a Sr. Software Engineer to help shape its bright future! We're a high-energy, tight-knit team that's empowering consumers to make decisions about their health coverage in a way unparalleled by anyone else. We are committed to hitting bold technological and revenue goals. That's where you come in.
You will be responsible for full stack, hands-on development of applications and services. As a senior member of the team, you will be expected to participate in system design discussions and provide thought leadership in the full development lifecycle from concept to production.
Basic Qualifications/ Must-Haves
- 4+ years of professional application development experience and knowledge of what it takes to build and deploy your own application
- Experience building responsive and cross-browser compatible web applications with a strong UI focus
- Good understanding of responsive web design best practices and web performance optimization techniques
- Proficiency in Python or Node JS for backend development is a HUGE plus
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or other Technical Discipline or equivalent professional experience
At Stride we work hard, sweat the details, and enjoy life away from computer, too. We are a diverse group that celebrates and supports our differences. Our benefits include a competitive salary and equity package, health, dental, and vision plans, a kitchen stocked with healthy (and unhealthy) snacks, a stipend for wellness programs, commuter benefits, flexible vacation time, parental leave, a culture of learning and development, a dog-friendly office environment, and more!