iOS Software Engineer
The Stride team is on the lookout for a smart, motivated individual to help develop new features for our iOS app Stride Tax. Your job? Make sure we continue to ship features and scale the app to tens of thousands of users and be an advocate for best practices in iOS coding across the company.
- Evolve and expand iOS and mobile at Stride and the independent worker ecosystem
- Advance stability, testing, continuous build / integration, and general good practices for iOS within the company
- Maintain and extend the visual feature set of the Stride Tax
- Collaborate with product managers and designers to implement new features
- Work with multiple engineering and non engineering teams within the company on cross functional efforts
Recipe for Success
- Previous experience with iOS app development
- At least one active application in the App Store
- Experience programming in Swift Experience with core iOS frameworks, specifically Core Location, UI Kit, and Core Data
- Experience building and maintaining IOS applications with an active user base and user flow building in XCode from visual designs
- Ability to work with Restful APIs and 3rd party services
- A strong understanding for computer science fundamentals and excitement to work on a fast-paced, collaborative team
- Above all, you are constantly learning and growing inside and outside of the workplace
Cherries on Top
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science (or software engineering related discipline)
- A minimum of 4 years of professional experience within the software engineering space (focused on mobile development)
- Experience with API design, experience architecting iOS Network operations
- Experience with at least 1 backend technologyExperience working with Objective C
- Experience with a consumer app with a minimum of 5k daily active users
- Experience working with third party package managers (CocoaPods, Carthage…)
- Experience with consumer finance and tax applications, healthcare, or the self-employed/freelancer industry
We make software that helps the 100+ million people who work for themselves be more productive and successful, giving them economic security to thrive.
For the past couple of years we’ve been solving really important problems for them like getting the right health coverage and simplifying their tax bills. Now we’re focused on building the world’s first all-in-one productivity platform designed to help them manage their business and make smart decisions every day.
Our products are integrated into the world’s largest work-for-yourself platforms including Uber, Etsy, TaskRabbit, Postmates, Care.com, and others, and we’re backed by leading investment firms including Venrock, New Enterprise Associates, and F-Prime Capital Partners.
Come help us take the work out of working for yourself!