Senior Product Designer
San Francisco /
Product & Design /
Stride Health is looking for a Senior Product Designer to translate the needs of people who work for themselves into delightful product experiences. You’re a tireless advocate for our customers who thrives on developing new consumer insights that help shape our product roadmap and deliver a differentiated user experience that customers love. You know that great design brings people together and you are constantly looking for ways to simplify and advance natural behaviors. Your design skills are well-rounded and you’re comfortable with everything from user research and wireframing to tweaking pixels right before launch.
In this role, you’ll be leading our consumer product experience end-to-end, collaborating daily with our product managers, designers, engineers, data scientists, and marketers to continually evolve the value we deliver to our customers.
Location: San Francisco - Bay Area is preferred. However, this position is also open to Remote candidates.
- Lead the design of large-scale projects from concept and research through execution with little oversight.
- Be the advocate for our customers and their needs, helping identify and communicate consumer insights that drive our product strategy and execution.
- Translate customer needs and product requirements into high-quality, mobile-first designs across multiple platforms (web, iOS, and Android) and tell the story of your designs in the context of the people they serve.
- Turn complex tasks and decisions into delightfully simple user experiences that build trust and drive our engagement and conversion metrics.
- Collaborate with Product Management and Engineering within fast-paced, 2-week agile sprints to drive iterative product enhancements that effectively balance user experience, business objectives, and scope.
- Partner with our Marketing team to incorporate brand voice and identity into the user experience.
- Actively contribute to Stride’s design systems to ensure a consistent and intuitive experience across multiple platforms.
- Mentor other designers to promote a culture of design excellence.
Qualifications & Must-Haves
- 6-8 years in a Product Design or equivalent role for consumer software products and a strong portfolio of work.
- BA/BS degree in Design (interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial), HCI, a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- Demonstrated ability to turn complex problems and tasks into simple, easy-to-use user experience.
- Experience designing across all platforms: iOS, Android, and responsive web.
- BONUS: Experience designing for highly personalized, data-rich experiences.
- World class user research and consumer insights skill-set.
- Track record as a strong collaborator with product managers and engineers.
- Self-starter with the ability to manage multiple workstreams, proactively communicate progress, and deliver on time.
- Previous leadership experience; you’ve led design projects and provided guidance to cross-functional partners like marketing and research.
- Analytical mindset, harness the power of data and research to design innovative experiences and relentlessly measure the impact of those design decisions with clear success metrics.
- Strong grounding in a consistent, repeatable design process framework.
- A terrific attitude, strong communication skills, and energy to spare.
- For Remote and all applicants: this position is expected to work Pacific Standard Time, as well during normal and extended business hours
We make software that helps the 100+ million people who work for themselves be more productive and successful, giving them economic security to thrive. For the past couple of years we’ve been solving really important problems for them like getting the right health coverage and simplifying their tax bills.
Now we’re focused on building the world’s first all-in-one productivity platform designed to help them manage their business and make smart decisions every day.
Our products are integrated into the world’s largest work-for-yourself platforms including Uber, Etsy, TaskRabbit, Postmates, Care.com, and others, and we’re backed by leading investment firms including Venrock, New Enterprise Associates, and F-Prime Capital Partners.
Come help us take the work out of working for yourself!