Software Engineer - Full Stack
Salt Lake City /
The Stride Marketplace Engineering team is on the lookout for a motivated Engineer to join a fast moving Full Stack engineering team. We are a small team that collaborates with design and product very closely. You’ll be in charge of helping to build out new features and services on our web platform in order to help provide better options for our customers.
Our technology stack consists of Typescript and React and Node.js/Express backend services with Redis and Postgres for our data caching and persistence.
We are building the world's first benefits platform designed specifically for independent contractors and part-time employees. From end to end, you will build and own the entire user experience.
- Design, build, and maintain user-facing flows, API’s, services, and system to solve problems end-end
- Participate in the product development process from start to finish
- Scoping of projects and measuring success, iterating based on feedback.
- Maintain high engineering and security standards
- Continually improve codebases and processes
- Work cross functionally to develop and build features with quality in mind
- 2+ years experience working in a product engineering role
- Full-stack software development experience
- Experience working with React, Typescript, and Redux.
- Experience with a relational database such as PostgreSQL, MySQL.
- Proficiency in Node.js or Python for backend development and API development.
- Experience building responsive and cross-browser experiences.
- Good understanding of responsive web design best practices and web performance optimization techniques.
- Experience with managing localization.
We make software that helps the 100+ million people who work for themselves be more productive and successful, giving them economic security to thrive. We are focused on building the world’s first all-in-one productivity platform designed to help them manage their business and make smart decisions every day.
Our products are integrated into the world’s largest work-for-yourself platforms including Uber, Etsy, TaskRabbit, Postmates, Care.com, and others, and we’re backed by leading investment firms including Venrock, New Enterprise Associates, and F-Prime Capital Partners.
We support a flexible work structure with office locations in Salt Lake City and San Francisco along with the option to establish your own fully remote office. Come help us take the work out of working for yourself!
Perks & Benefits
At Stride we work hard, sweat the details, and enjoy life away from the computer, too. We are a diverse group that celebrates and supports our differences.
- Competitive salary
- Equity package
- Health, dental, and vision plans
- Flexible work arrangement with the ability to work remotely and meet face to face with co-workers on a regular basis (as conditions permit)
- $100/month work from home stipend
- $75/month stipend for wellness programs
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible vacation time
- Parental leave
- A culture of learning and development
- And more!