Senior Product Manager - Growth & Engagement
Product & Design
Stride makes software that helps the 100+ million people who work for themselves be more productive and successful, giving them the economic security they need to thrive. Launched in 2014, we’ve been solving important problems for them like getting the right health coverage and simplifying their tax bills. Now we’re focused on building the world’s first all-in-one platform designed to help them manage their business and make smart decisions every day.
We’re looking for a high-energy, data-driven Product Manager to own our engagement product. Comfortable in both qualitative and quantitative realms, a thinker and a doer, you’re uniquely equipped to generate deep, meaningful customer insights and respond with timely, iterative product enhancements. You’re passionate about our product suite, fascinated by our user base, and excited to join a fast-growing, and faster-moving team.
As Senior Product Manager for Engagement, you will lead our efforts to expand our Stride Tax app, launching new benefits to help our members to save time and money every day. You will collaborate with cross-functional counterparts in design, engineering, and member experience to drive our engagement engine for the business.
We’re looking for someone who’s passionate about our championing the needs of people who work for themselves, delivering great consumer product experiences, and collaborating to solve hard problems.
- Own and refine our Stride Tax app and related services.
- Build out a growing set of features that our users value and which support Stride’s broader suite of benefits
- Leverage user insights and product data to drive engagement and action
- Own the engagement product roadmap and success metrics.
- Drive rapid experimentation around pain points, customer needs, product adoption and engagement.
- Translate underlying trends in the future of work and self-employed individuals around the globe into financial security product needs today and for the next 5 years
- Day-to-day: be the voice of the customer, analyze product data for user insights, partner with our design and engineering and marketing and partnering teams.
- Develop a deep understanding of our customers’ needs to drive expansion beyond daily expense management and tracking
- Collaborate to guide efforts between technical and non-technical teams (Operations, Marketing, Business Development, Design) to ship product enhancements that deliver seamless consumer experiences, revenue scale and product-line profitability
Basic Qualifications/ Must-Haves
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of Product Management experience, preferably focused on growth and engagement for consumer software/app products
- Ship Product: manage the entire process of conceptualizing new products and refining existing ones
- Ruthlessly prioritize: identify the highest leverage opportunities and work cross-functionally to drive them into being
- Move quickly, with the customer in mind: Drive user research with healthy bouts of strategic intuition to support rapid-cycle testing with users prior to delivering requirements to engineering
- Analytical mindset: leverage our bountiful consumer data streams to optimize engagement and retention
- Exceptional communication skills with a knack for decomposing problems
- Entrepreneurial drive, strong desire for ownership, and passion for building delightful product experiences
Desired Characteristics/ Nice-to-Haves
- MBA/Advanced Degree
- Prior experience in growth or engagement roles at consumer software companies
- Experience in channel-driven businesses
- In-depth experience in building products that drive consumers to build new financial habits
- In-depth knowledge of on-demand/part-time customer segments
- Consumer financial services industry or related data expertise
We make software that helps the 100+ million people who work for themselves be more productive and successful, giving them economic security to thrive.
We’ve been solving really important problems for them like getting the right health coverage and simplifying their tax bills. Now we’re focused on building the world’s first all-in-one productivity platform designed to help them manage their business and make smart decisions every day.
Our products are integrated into the world’s largest work-for-yourself platforms including Uber, Etsy, TaskRabbit, Postmates, Care.com, and others, and we’re backed by leading investment firms including Venrock, New Enterprise Associates, and F-Prime Capital Partners.
Come help us take the work out of working for yourself!