Software Engineer - Frontend (React, NodeJS)
Strider Team (HQ) – Engineering /
Hi, we’re Strider!
We are founded by a team of humans who have worked within entertainment and games for decades, and we have some thoughts. During our time within these worlds, we’ve come to realize the creative process is broken. This has sparked a desire to bring the love of the story-telling process back to the communities who love them.
With these thoughts in mind, it helped us form some of our core beliefs:
- Everyone is a storyteller
- Creating stories together is more fun than doing it alone
- Making things can feel more like a game
- People should be rewarded for their contributions
- Capybaras are amazing creatures who bring chill relaxation wherever they roam
To harness the creative power of communities to be productive together, with new, transparent ways of getting everybody compensated for their efforts.
Strider was born from our desire to make collaborative storytelling easier, more fun, and super social. We want to provide communities with the tools they need to tell stories and build worlds together.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a preface, we understand that applying to any role is a bit scary. From here onwards, read knowing that this is ideally what we want but what we are seeking is more than just a list.
We are seeking an experienced Software Engineer specializing in frontend development to join our team. In this role, you will primarily be responsible for developing and maintaining our web and mobile applications using React, React Native, NodeJS, Google Firebase, and services like Discord. You will work directly under the Head of Product Engineering, collaborating closely to ensure that our products are user-friendly, performant, and meet the highest standards of quality.
- Collaborate with and report to the Head of Product Engineering to understand product requirements and translate them into technical specifications and implementation plans.
- Design, develop, and maintain responsive web and mobile applications using React, React Native, NodeJS, Google Firebase, and services like Discord.
- Write clean, efficient, and reusable code following best practices and coding standards.
- Work closely with the design team to implement user interfaces that are intuitive, visually appealing, and responsive across different devices.
- Optimize application performance to deliver fast and seamless user experiences.
- Identify and address technical issues, bugs, and performance bottlenecks.
- Collaborate with backend engineers to integrate frontend components with server-side logic and APIs.
- Integrate and utilize services like Discord to enhance user engagement and communication within our applications.
QUALIFICATIONS - If you have some or all of the following, please apply :)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field.
- 3+ years of professional experience in developing web and React Native mobile applications.
- Experience developing features of a React web and/or React Native mobile application.
- Familiarity with services like Discord for enhanced user engagement and communication.
- Knowledge of RESTful APIs and integration of frontend applications with backend services.
- Familiarity with version control systems, such as Git.
- Track record of delivering high-quality software projects on time.
- Strong problem-solving and debugging skills.
- Strong communication and collaboration abilities.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, startup environment and handle multiple tasks simultaneously, including those that may be outside of initial responsibilities.
- A passion for games or other interactive experiences and entertainment (movies, games, music).
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience working in small startup environments that may include various levels of ambiguity at times.
- Familiarity with agile development methodologies.
- Knowledge of UI/UX principles and ability to collaborate effectively with design teams.
- Experience with testing frameworks and writing unit tests for front-end code.
- Experience working with Google Firebase or other similar backend-as-a-service platforms.
- An interest in genAI technologies.
- A passion and excitement for learning new things!
$105,000 - $130,000 a year
The above salary range only captures the approximate base yearly salary given the market rates within the USA. The final base yearly salary will consider additional factors such as the location of work (candidates outside of the USA are welcome), living costs, and of course, the interview itself.
In terms of total compensation, we also offer stock options, employer-sponsored health benefits, equipment budget, and more! :)
As mentioned, the above is just a list. We want to assess ALL of you, including who you are and the potential of who you can be. If you have some or all of what we're seeking, please apply! :)
PERKS & BENEFITS
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Competitive Compensation Plan
- Fully Remote
- Flexible Work Hours; team members are committed to building and delivering tremendous results, not watching the clock
- Unlimited PTO
- Parental Leave
- Home Office and Hardware Allowance
- (+/-) 20 Company Holidays Per Year
- Modern tools and processes, and co-workers who are on the cutting edge of innovation in product development
- Some of the most seasoned and thoughtful managers you’ll ever work with
- An Amazing Team :)
At Strider, we are dedicated to building not just a product, but a workplace that values and promotes creativity and the diversity of people & thoughts. Our hugest asset is our global team, and we want to make sure that we are fueling an authentic workplace, where each individual can feel a sense of belonging.
Strider provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.