Customer Success Manager
San Francisco, CA /
Customer Success /
Strive helps companies build high performing, retained, inclusive teams with personalized and practical management training and leadership development.
Strive was founded in 2017 by a team from YouTube, Minerva, LinkedIn, Target and Amazon and has led development programs for large companies (Pinterest, Intuit) and growth-stage startups (Chime, TripActions, Guild) alike.
Strive's approach is like Noom or Omada Health for learning – Strive combines technology & social accountability to help leaders actually change behavior and improve their teams.
Strive's remote-friendly, cohort-based training program combines 360 assessments, Zoom-based classes led by vetted executive coaches, application challenges and ongoing nudges to ensure learners don't just absorb lessons in a classroom but change their behavior in the real world. 90% of participants say they would be disappointed if they could no longer learn through Strive and buyers give Strive a higher NPS than Wharton and Harvard Exec Ed.
About the Role
As the Customer Success Manager at Strive, you’ll have the opportunity to build deep relationships to ensure smooth operations with a portfolio of our enterprise customers. You will work directly with Strive’s General Manager, as well as our broader team of engineers, product managers, marketers and salespeople to scale and deploy incredible learning programs at high-growth companies.
Areas of Ownership:
- Customer Success – Ensure a flawless experience for our enterprise customers. Work with key accounts to drive success through initial onboarding and implementation, program launch, retention and account expansion. Serve as the voice of the customer to other teams at Strive.
- Renewals – Manage renewals for our customers within the Startup and Mid-Market levels
- Operations – Drive program management, communications and operational work for a set of enterprise customers. Monitor the health of each engagement and proactively identify opportunities for programmatic improvements and operational efficiencies as we scale.
- Organization Building – We are a high-growth company with myriad operational needs. If you have hustle, creativity and strong problem solving abilities, there are many opportunities for stretch projects aligned with your interests!
- Proven Performance - 2+ years of prior experience in Customer Success, Account Management or Consulting
- Analytical - Comfort analyzing and interpreting program data
- Organization - High conscientiousness and follow through – organized, detail-oriented and rigorous
- Work Ethic - Strong work ethic and discipline – ready to both work smart and hard
- Communication - Clear communicator, both verbally and in writing
- Flexibility - Flexible and highly adaptable in a fast-paced, evolving environment
- Mission-Alignment - Passion for or interest in learning more about education, management training or leadership development
- Geography - We are currently open to hiring SF based candidates as well as remote candidates in the West Coast region
- Industry Experience - Relevant customer facing experience at a learning centric or HR-related organization
- Quota Carrying - Proven ability to overachieve on renewals or upsell quota goals
Why consider this role?
- Impact – Strive improves the lives of our students and their direct reports, increasing meaning, belonging and opportunity at work.
- Financial Upside – Strive offers generous equity packages so all employees share in the upside. You'll receive market rate salary and benefits, too – no "for good" discount.
- Growth – Strive is at a critical inflection point, poised to grow substantially in the next year based on product and company success (we've already grown revenue 4x YoY). Join now to help shape and benefit from that growth.
- Team – It's hard to express this on a JD, but we've built a particularly diverse, thoughtful, supportive, and connected team and tribe working together (we're 85%+ groups traditionally underrepresented in tech – either female, non-binary identifying, or BIPOC). Work will be meaningful and enjoyable – we practice what we preach.