Executive Coach & Workshop Facilitator (Contractor)
San Francisco, CA /
Customer Success /
At Strive we build products and programs to transform managers into leaders, helping them build meaning, belonging and opportunity for themselves and their teams. Learn more about our mission here.
Strive was founded in 2017 by a team that had worked at YouTube, Minerva, LinkedIn and Amazon. Large companies (Airbnb, Pinterest, Intuit) and growth-stage startups (Chime, TripActions, Guild) alike use Strive to develop emerging leaders.
Strive's remote-friendly, cohort-based training experience combines 360 assessments, Zoom-based classes led by vetted executive coaches, application challenges and ongoing nudges to ensure learners don't just absorb lessons in a classroom but actually change their behavior in the real world. 90% of participants and 100% of buyers say they would be disappointed if they could no longer learn through Strive.
About the Role
As a Strive Facilitator, you will facilitate groups of 10 - 20 participants through four-month learning journeys as they complete a 360, professional development plan, and 3 core modules focusing on core-management competencies. You will join our community of executive coaches and facilitators and will have the opportunity to participate in our in-house training to become a leader in active-facilitation and use data to guide your practice.
- Participate in an in-house training including 3 90-minute sessions about leading an active learning classroom
- Lead Strive cohorts through a four month learning journey using curriculum we have developed to elevate core management and leadership competencies
- Engage in 1:1 coaching sessions with participants on a one-off basis using prescribed curriculum summaries to guide if needed
- 4-7 years of coaching and facilitation experience (particularly workshops on Zoom for groups of 10-30 participants)
- 3-5 years of tech-related experience in a functional role at a fast-growing organization
- Engaged in 360-style reveals and explorations to help participants understand their strengths and weaknesses and set future goals
- Structured problem solver who wants to take initiative in their work
- High conscientiousness, with strong follow through and reliability
- Worked in a fast-paced, changing environment, and excited by growth and flexibility
Why Consider This Role
- Learn from great people – you will work alongside Strive's group of facilitators as part of a core coaching community that we curate through internal trainings, monthly calls, and supportive Slack channels.
- Impact – Strive improves the lives of our students and their direct reports, increasing meaning, belonging and opportunity. As the coach and facilitator you will be the one leading this impact! Help us impact the world!
- Data-drive experience – At Strive we care about using data to guide our work. We provide you with feedback and data about your cohorts in real-time so that you can work with us to improve any aspect of the program and ensure that you and the cohort feel supported and successful!
- Team – It's hard to express this on a JD, but we've built a particularly diverse, thoughtful, supportive, and connected team and tribe working together. Work will be meaningful and enjoyable – we practice what we preach.