Sr Product Marketing Manager
strongDM is a customer-first, second, and third company with a rabid fan base. When was the last time you heard things like:
* Splunk's CISO Joel Fulton says "strongDM gives you what you can’t get any other way -- the ability to see what happens, replay and analyze incidents."
* Chef's co-founder Adam Jacob says "strongDM takes the friction out of getting staff access to the systems they need."
Customers love us because:
The product rocks: strongDM fundamentally changes the relationship between InfoSec, DevOps, and end users. Enforce the controls security needs while making it easier to facilitate access.
They can trust us: we built a technical product for technical buyers. We do not use jargon. There is no alternative but to always be technically accurate. We are not afraid to admit product gaps.
We’re real humans: we built a serious product without taking ourselves too seriously. Each member of the team is deadly good at their job, and yet we crack jokes on the phone with customers.
Do you love...
...working with product and sales leaders? Is your superpower the ability to synthesize the why behind a product’s value into impactful sales materials? Is working with product and demand gen teams to launch new features your jam? If so then this role is for you.
You are experienced working directly with product teams to bring new capabilities and product value to market for both internal audiences (sales, SEs, demand gen, writers) and external audiences (prospects, customers, analysts). You enjoy enabling a growing sales organization to speak to our product and vision in the language our prospects and customers speak, and have monthly customer calls because you love chatting with them.
What You'll Do:
- Enable our growing Sales team with what they need to close more deals and close them faster. Work cross-functionally to build and operationalize playbooks, create the category narrative for context, pitch decks, battle cards, customer collateral, and more
- Partner with product to bring to market all new capabilities to both internal and external audiences, manage the launch process
- Partner with marketing to determine when and how to communicate product news and updates to all audiences and infuse what’s working for us in the sales process into our marketing programs
- Collaborate with product management, sales, customer success and marketing to develop product positioning and messaging that resonate with our target buyer personas and relates what we are doing back to the why for our target buyers, influencers and analysts
- Be the expert on our buyers—who they are, how they buy and their key buying criteria. Drive changes to our sales and marketing processes and priorities based on what you learn to drive tangible results.
- Build and maintain our market and competitive intelligence and know our competitors like the back of your hand such that you can answer any slack message anytime about how to position strongDM against any point solution or the status quo
- Deliver training and manage the sales enablement content repository, ensuring that all information is consistent, accessible and consumed by the sales team with certification/measurement goals as appropriate
- 7+ years of experience with demonstrated success in product marketing in a multi-functional and operational role
- Influential thinker and impeccable communicator of ideas
- Start-up mentality with deep experience collaborating across the company to launch products, enable sales, and create product messaging as needed
- A subject matter expert in Infrastructure and/or DevOps, or someone who can quickly grasp developer-centric products and all the requisite implications of marketing to that buyer
- A seasoned operator that knows how to partner cross-functionally to bring product to market and enable sales to accelerate growth
- Acceleration of revenue growth
- Decrease in sales cycles
- Industry-standard base
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k, HSA, FSA, short/long-term disability
- 3 months parental leave
- 3 weeks PTO + standard holidays
- Equity in a fast-growing startup
- No travel required