People – Recruiting /
strongDM is a customer-first, second, and third company with a rabid fan base. When was the last time you heard things like:
* Splunk's CISO Joel Fulton says "strongDM gives you what you can’t get any other way -- the ability to see what happens, replay and analyze incidents."
* Chef's co-founder Adam Jacob says "strongDM takes the friction out of getting staff access to the systems they need."
Customers love us because:
The product rocks: strongDM fundamentally changes the relationship between InfoSec, DevOps, and end users. Enforce the controls security needs while making it easier to facilitate access.
They can trust us: we built a technical product for technical buyers. We do not use jargon. There is no alternative but to always be technically accurate. We are not afraid to admit product gaps.
We’re real humans: we built a serious product without taking ourselves too seriously. Each member of the team is deadly good at their job, and yet we crack jokes on the phone with customers.
At strongDM, we brought recruiting in-house...
...when it was just a dozen employees. In the past two years, that small team has been able to quadruple the size of the company. No joke. We’ve implemented an ATS, cracked the nut on outbound (yes, really!), and know our motion well.
strongDM lives and dies by its recruiters. If we can’t attract talent efficiently and effectively, we’re dead. We’re looking for a team leader to take us from one to two, to build faster than the company requires, to make even better the engaging experience that’s already been designed.
What You'll Do:
- Mentor and grow the team; we grow because of the recruiting team, not in spite of it
- Ensure that even when someone isn’t offered a role here, that they speak highly of the experience and don’t think twice about sending a friend our way
- Refine, design and develop recruitment strategies that showcase what’s special about strongDM
- Work with our in-house team to identify and fix gaps in our current process
- Partner with VP, People Strategy to understand ways to attract folks from all walks of life
- Level up recruitment reporting by understanding the limitations of our applicant tracking system and finding ways around it :)
- You’ve scaled a recruiting function before. This isn’t 0 - 1, it’s 1 - 2. That’s having a playbook for best practices, testing frameworks, and team empathy for hard days.
- Experience in a modern-day startup. That means everything from ambiguity and chaos to running a search yourself
- Strong record as a recruiter prior to management.
- A natural team builder -- you’re comfortable bringing people together, enjoy the role of a mentor and have a high EQ
- Ability to craft data into stories
- You’re fascinated with people. Each conversation is like a treasure hunt where you have the opportunity to discover someone’s motivations and identify if it’s a mutual fit. You understand how to ask delicate questions with grace, the importance of second-order questions, and put candidates at ease to share information willingly
- Experience with distributed teams and Lever (ATS) a plus
- Competitive base + equity salary packages
- Company sponsored benefits, including:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance (free to employees and dependents)
- 401k, HSA, FSA, short / long-term disability coverage, life insurance
- 6 weeks of combined accrued vacation + sick time
- Volunteer days + standard holidays, paid parental leave
- Generous monthly and annual stipend for internet + home office
- No travel required