San Francisco, California
Fortune favors the bold.
Most business development jobs are presented as growth opportunities, but this one is a potential life-changer.
Stronghold is an early-stage financial services company that’s building a global payment and trade ecosystem that offers customers secure, transparent ways to move money.
As our first Biz Dev hire, you'll network with cryptocurrency, banking and payments players to drive revenue and demand for our platform, which includes an OTC exchange, institutional services, and the first asset-backed stable coin that allows customers to access foreign exchanges and accept/settle payments in U.S. dollars.
Excellent income opportunity.
Because you’ll be driving revenue, there’s an opportunity to make seven digits annually if you exceed sales goals. We have the technical infrastructure in place, but we need a top performer who can close deals.
Claim your territory, build a team.
Crypto is a global industry that operates 24/7, and Stronghold will cover all regions that have demand. You’ll help us expand our team by making regional hires: candidates who’ve worked in multiple time zones and cultivated networks in areas like Asia, Europe, and the Americas.
Total Addressable Market (TAM)
The cryptocurrency market has more than $200 billion in global trading volume on the exchanges and another $100 billion in dark pools. According to some analysts, two percent of all corporate servers will be soon used to run blockchain, a clear indicator that the world’s largest companies are actively seeking ways to invest in distributed ledger technologies.
The global remittance market is estimated to reach $642 billion in 2018, but millions still rely on services like Western Union and MoneyGram, which charge average transaction fees of 7.13%.
Ninety-four percent of legacy money transfer operators deal solely in cash, but digital remittance services don’t require storefronts, bank accounts or cash-handling. As a result, Stronghold is well-positioned to disrupt cross-border payments by offering digital wallets—and substantial savings—to millions of underbanked consumers.
The global foreign exchange market has a daily volume that tops $5 trillion, but consumers are still using legacy means to deposit and withdraw funds.
As the correspondent for USD on the Stellar Network, Stronghold enables cheaper, faster, and more reliable foreign transactions. An international wire that would have taken 2-5 days is settled in 2-5 seconds on Stronghold. Because 85% of all foreign exchange involves USD and a third of global GDP is pegged to the dollar, we facilitate speedier, less expensive trades.
Who we are
Headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Christchurch, New Zealand, we’re building the future of financial technology.
Our team is made up of talented individuals who hail from every corner of the world, and our culture is powered by innovation, transparency and respect. We’re highly motivated, we’re strong communicators, and we like to win.
- Become a subject matter expert in the cryptocurrency landscape
- Track and understand real-time changes occurring in the dynamic digital currency market
- Seek out opportunities for market expansion, industry-driving, channel, marketing, and technical relationships
- Develop and build quantitative measures for evaluating partnerships that incorporates input from legal, compliance, engineering, finance, product management, and marketing
- Represent Stronghold to technical, business, and academic users
- Support all aspects of deal execution, including partner prioritization, strategic and product assessment, transaction structuring and negotiation
- A passion for cryptocurrencies and the role they play in global markets
- 10+ years of relevant or analogous experience with technology companies
- Proven record in developing, analyzing, and modeling opportunities
- Excellent evangelism, communication and negotiation skills
- Experience crafting deals as well as an understanding of legal agreements
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance and handle uncertainty and ambiguity
- Can-do attitude, with a strong entrepreneurial mindset
What we offer
- Become part of the founding team
- A corporate culture that prizes respect, transparency and curiosity
- Competitive salary, stock options, and commissions
- Modern, central SoMa office space with free team lunches
- Health insurance, flexible vacation schedule
- An opportunity to transform the world by offering more people access to financial services